• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tek
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2004

Displaying new update version

Hi everyone,

I am evaluating True Update and I have a question.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm trying to display the new version that is available for download under 'Messages' for the 'Update Available' category. What I'm trying to do looks like this:

---------------
    An update to %ProductName% is available for download.

Current Version: %CurrentVersion%
    Latest Version: %NewVersion%

It is %UpdateSize% in size.

Click Next to proceed with the update or Cancel to quit.
    ---------------

I can easily display the %CurrentVersion% variable by checking the file version on the end user's machine or check a registry entry, but I haven't been able to figure out how to display the new version information that is detected in my server file.

Is this possible? If so, can someone explain to me how I can do this? If it is possible, I know it must be something in the server file even though I am explaining this in the client configuration file (I just thought it would be easier to explain here.)

Your input will be greatly appreciated. I am liking this software very much so far!
  • Adam
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • May 2000

Tek,

The only way that I can think of to accomplish this is if your version numbers follow a mathematical progression. For example if you store 4.2.1.0 in the registry as the current version then you could read this value in the Variable tab. You could then have an assign value action (in that same tab) that will add a certain version number to it. So for the example that I stated above:

%RegVersion% 'Type' = Registry 'Value' = ......
    %RegVersion% 'Type' = Assign Value 'Value' = %RegVersion% + 0.0.0.1

This would show 4.2.1.1 as the new version to update.

I hope this helps.

Adam Kapilik

Comment

Working...
    X