• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RAZS
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Dec 2001

Any idea how ?

With NO capabilities to have volume controls and slider in AM3...

Does anybody have any way to incorporate a external player not having to install in Windows but play my MP3 files by itself from my Project CD directly ?

Meaning i copy this MP3 Player in my root and via arguments make this MP3 Player to play my MP3 files ?

Thanx
    I'd rather be lucky than good, as I know I'm not good.
  • Kurt S
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2001

Re: Any idea how ?

Since the mixing program for every Windows OS uses "sndvol32.exe" how about putting this file on the CD and creating a button that links to it.

Then the user can click on the button and it will bring up the volume control.

If you want the single slider instead of the whole mixer, create a shortcut to the sndvol32.exe and in the shortcut properties under the target location, put a -t so it looks similar to the example below. Then map the button to the shortcut instead of the file.

C:\WINNT\system32\sndvol32.exe -t

the difference being that it obviously won't be mapped to C:\winnt, but you get the idea.

[This message has been edited by Kurt S (edited 12-18-2001).]

Comment

• Jito463
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2001

Cool. Thanks for the idea. Works great. I'm gonna test it out under a few other OS's (just tried XP so far), but not a bad idea. Good job.

Comment

• Jito463
        Forum Member
        • Oct 2001

Additionally, under Win98 (and probably 95 and ME as well), the Sndvol32.exe file is in the C:\Windows folder. It's not in the System32 subfolder.

Comment

• Kurt S
          Forum Member
          • Oct 2001

You are correct about the location of the file in 95, 98 and ME. It is common to all Windows OS's but not in a common location. In NT4, Win2k, and probably XP, it's in the system32 folder. That is why I suggested putting the file on the CD so it will have a common location to make the call to.

Anyway, glad it worked for ya!

Comment

• Jito463
            Forum Member
            • Oct 2001

One problem, the sndvol32.exe file, while similar in name, is not the same across all OS's. I attempted that, using the sndvol32 from my WinXP machine, and tested it on a Win98SE machine. No go. It did absolutely nothing. Best bet is to have 2 actions on the link:

%WinDir%\Sndvol32.exe
            OS Win95, Win98, WinME

%WinDir%\System32\Sndvol32.exe
            OS WinNT4 Win2K WinXP

This way, it uses the internal one and assures that it will work. And, of course, use the -t if desired. Good luck.

[This message has been edited by Jito463 (edited 12-19-2001).]

Comment

• Kurt S
              Forum Member
              • Oct 2001

Good call, thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
              X