• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thejokermmud
    Forum Member
    • Dec 2001

Help with having to reboot after install problem

Howdy, I have a problem where the program that i have the client install requires reboot after installation, but the problem is i need the user to register there copy online. "I did not create the program they install, i just toss on a program that keeps track of who has the program "keyserver, which keeps track of licensing" and after installing it will bring them to a webpage that registers they will register their ip and mac addy so we know they are not handing out the software to everyone and their brother.

Thankx in advance,
    JPT

------------------
    JPT
    University Of Wisconsin Milwaukee, IM&T Level 3 Tech
  • thejokermmud
    Forum Member
    • Dec 2001

Re: Help with having to reboot after install problem

Ugh sorry mental block when i wrote that, heres my problem... I need a way to stop the program from rebooting the computer and or on startup it takes them to the webpage to register the program online

Comment

• Mark
      Indigo Rose Staff Member
      • Jun 2000

Hi,

There is no way to stop the program from rebooting using AutoPlay. The only possibility would be a command line argument you could pass the installation (when executing), which would suppress the reboot. Of course that is only possible if the installation allows for that.

mark.
      MSI Factory The Next Generation Intelligent Setup Builder

Comment

• thejokermmud
        Forum Member
        • Dec 2001

Mark,

what if i do a run once registery input so that on the next successful boot to windows it will start blank.htm which would be a saved html version of the registry page that was copied to the c:\ drive before i installed the program........???/

Comment

• Mark
          Indigo Rose Staff Member
          • Jun 2000

Hi,

So you simply want to open a web page after the computer reboots?

If that is what you wanted to do, then yes putting the path to a local HTML page in the run once key would open it the next time the computer was rebooted.

mark.
          MSI Factory The Next Generation Intelligent Setup Builder

Comment

Working...
          X