• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • billy C
    Forum Member
    • Dec 2001

blank-out AVI objects

I've been scratching my head and pulling my hair out for a few days now trying solve the problem:
    I have few pages with 2-5 small size (no bigger than 240x 180) AVI objects (mixed 24-bit color & grey scale) created with AMS 3.007. while switching (jumping) page, the AVI objects will show on the page but become 'blank-out'. It happens in both 'pre-view' and test CD.
    All AVI's are created by Ulead GIF Animator 5 using either Cinepak or Indeo R3.2 codec with no audio, and all frame rates are anywhere between 3/sec to 7/sec.
    have tried all kinds of platforms (from high-end Athlon XP to low-end Celeron, from Gforce 3ti to on-board SiS/Intel 810 video, from 56x CD to 12x CD, from 512M RAM to 64M RAM, from Win2K to Win98) to no avail.
    Have tried to limit them to play one at a time or all at once to no avail.
    Have tried to 'refresh windows', 'show object and play video' when page opens to no effect.
    Have made sure 'avivideo=mciavi.drv' is present in SYSTEM.INI
    Have tried 'auto' or 'mouse pick to start' AVI's and made no differences.

Can anyone help?

Also, a few questions:
    Does embedded AVI player stop all playing AVI's by itself before jumping to a different page? do we have to program to stop AVI's when page is closed?
    Is embedded AVI player capable of playing multiple AVI objects simultaneously?
    Is mixing 8-bit, 16-bit, 24-bit and grey-scale AVI's on one page viable?

Thanx in advance!

[This message has been edited by billy C (edited 12-10-2001).]
  • Jito463
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2001

Re: blank-out AVI objects

Originally posted by billy C:
    Also, a few questions:
    Does embedded AVI player stop all playing AVI's by itself before jumping to a different page? do we have to program to stop AVI¡¦s when page is closed?

Is embedded AVI player capable of playing multiple AVI objects simultaneously?

Is mixing 8-bit, 16-bit, 24-bit and grey-scale AVI¡¦s on one page viable?

Thanx in advance!
    I don't know about your problem, but I could answer your questions easily enough.

1) AVI's will automatically stop when you switch to another page.

2) Imbedded player is capable of playing multiple AVI's at one time, yes.

3) Mixing varying types of AVI's on the same page is feasible and viable. Whether or not it's a good idea, depends on the project.

Good luck on your problem.

Comment

Working...
    X