• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwarrent
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2004

Simulating a Table in a ListBox

I've created a utility to easily manipulate, add, and delete content from INI files I use on my project, and part of the interface is presenting the data in a listbox. What I would like to do is present each entry in the INI in a table format so that the details of each entry are properly spaced apart. Right now I use the TAB character to get my proper spacing because I can't use spaces or any other character since the spacing between each letter is different. But using TABs makes it difficult to know the right amount of TABs to add between words so all the entries line up properly. Anyone have an easier solution? A different approach maybe?
  • Brett
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • Jan 2000

You could always dynamically create an HTML page that uses HTML tables and the open it in a Web object.

Comment

• jwarrent
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2004

Thanks Brett-
      Yes, that's true, though the purpose of the listbox was being able to quickly see some of the important values for all the sections in an INI file, then click on a section to show all the values in that section so they could be edited individually. I assume that's not directly possible with a web object right?

Comment

• TJ_Tigger
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Sep 2002

You could build multiple html files and link them in a webobject. Then you could navigate using hyperlinks within the webobject. For instance you could build the following html files

index.html
        section1.html
        section2.html
        section3.html
        section4.html
        section5.html
        section6.html

On the index page you would build links to your various sections then the section pages would contain the data from their respective sections.

HTH
        TJ-Tigger
        "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
        "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
        Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

• jwarrent
          Forum Member
          • Feb 2004

Thanks again! I'll look into it. Not as convenient as a ListBox is with regards to the rest of the workflow, but it is definitely a solution if I need the benefits of a visual 'table'.

Comment

• TJ_Tigger
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Sep 2002

Here is an example of what I was thinking. I hope this helps.
            Attached Files
            TJ-Tigger
            "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
            "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
            Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

Working...
            X