• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Harry Kiesel
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Oct 2001

How to define argument for progr on CD?

My problem is a bit difficult for me to describe .. but here goes...

I use c:\ as the root and c:\DATA as the data directory. A graphic viewing program is installed in c:\DATA\GraphView to allow users to view files on the target CD. On the AutoPlay menu, one of the options is executing the graphic program (from the CD)which opens a catalog file in the C:\DATA directory. In defining the action to do this, an argument must be supplied to specify the location of the file to be opened by the application. I entered c:\DATA\HiRes.alb in the argument slot. This works fine prior to transferring the files to a CD

The problem - when I build the AutoPlay menu and transfer it to a CD the file HiRes.alb isn't found because autoplay looks for it in the C:\DATA directory rather then in the DATA subdirectory of the CD. If I put %ScrDrv%\DATA\HiRes.alb in the argument slot, it still doesn't work.

What do I need to put in the argument slot of the action to direct the application to look for the argument in the DATA subdirectory of the CD?

Harry Kiesel
  • Jito463
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2001

Re: How to define argument for progr on CD?

What is your data folder for AMS set to? If it's data too, that may cause a conflict. I'm not sure how, but it's possible. You might also try %SrcDir% instead of %SrcDrv%. Again, shouldn't make a difference, but it's worth a shot. Is it possible to put the graphic program into a different directory? And you might try setting the argument as the folder where the graphic program is installed, instead of where the file is. Hope these suggestions help.

Comment

• Mark
      Indigo Rose Staff Member
      • Jun 2000

Re: How to define argument for progr on CD?

Hi Harry,

Where is "HiRes.alb" located on your CD-ROM? I.E. what is its full path? Are you sure that it is located on your CD-ROM?

It sounds like you will need to use %SrcDrv%. This will be expanded to the root of your CD-ROM during runtime. So replace the ROOT of your CD-ROM (In the full path to "HiRes.alb") with %SrcDrv% and everything should work properly.

Also, as Jito463 suggested, you might want to change the name of your directory from DATA to something like GRAPHICS.

mark.
      MSI Factory The Next Generation Intelligent Setup Builder

Comment

Working...
      X