• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stephen G.
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Feb 2004

How to print forms

I am having a difficult time figuring out the best way to print (on a default printer) input information from a user.

example: User inputs name, address, telephone.
    Now this information prints on a printer.
  • kpsmith
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2000

I'd build an HTML file with this info in the users temp directory. And then print the HTML file with the AMS print actions.

Comment

• Stephen G.
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Feb 2004

Works good

Thank you for the advice. Is there a way of customizing the html page so that it looks more professional?

Comment

• JimS
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • May 2003

You can customize your HTML page in all manners. Set the font(s) style, color, and size, use tables and other formatting options to get the custom layout that you want, even add pictures and your company logo if you want.

I’m still using AMS4, so I can’t build you an example for AMS5, but you might want to check out this thread

It might give you an idea or two, and if you have AMS4 you can download and check out the sample project I built.

Here is another thread with example

Last edited by JimS; 03-01-2004, 06:20 PM.

Comment

• Brett
          Indigo Rose Staff Member
          • Jan 2000

Or you could create an Acrobat document and then open and print it through Acrobat Reader. Probably your best bet if presentation is important.

Comment

• rhosk
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Aug 2003

Hey Brett, I guess you had to say it 3 times to get your point across? LOL - too funny.
            Regards,

-Ron

Music | Video | Pictures

Comment

• Brett
              Indigo Rose Staff Member
              • Jan 2000

Yeah, I was having some posting issues this morning... I deleted the other two... on the other hand, saying things three times might help... on the other hand, saying things three times might help... on the other hand, saying things three times might help...

Comment

Working...
              X