PDA

View Full Version : Copy Fonts

rhosk
02-29-2004, 12:15 PM
Any of you know an easy way to copy fonts using AMS? You can't do it with a regular dialog populating a table or whatever. I mean, I can do it in Explorer and all that, but I want a "user friendly" dialog to just select a font to copy to a source folder - then register later. None of the dialogs will do this (not AMS' fault).

Worm? Maybe a dll that would override the system aspects of the fonts folder? Any advice would be appreciated.

eric_darling
02-29-2004, 01:41 PM
What about using System.RegisterFont?

From the help file...
fonts_dir = Shell.GetFolder(SHF_FONTS); -- Gets the path to the user's Font directory.
System.RegisterFont(fonts_dir .. "\\myfont.ttf", "Crazy Font", true);

The first line uses the Shell.GetFolder action to get the path to the user's Font directory and stores it's path in the variable "fonts_dir." The second action permanently registers the font file named "myfont.ttf" on the user's local system with the name "Crazy Font."

rhosk
02-29-2004, 02:11 PM
Nope. This is what I will use to "install" the particular font to the new user's system, I got that, thanks Eric. I want to know if there's a way to do step one; and that's copy the font to the source folder (or whatever) first.

Give it a try. You can't simply copy a font using an AMS dialog. It doesn't work.

rhosk
03-02-2004, 08:14 AM
Anyone?

Corey
03-02-2004, 08:30 AM
Could one zip them and then deal with them as zip files, only extracting at the last step of the process? An idea anyhow... :)

Corey Milner
Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software (http://www.indigorose.com)

rhosk
03-02-2004, 08:34 AM
Yes one could...neat idea. I'll give this a shot, thanks.