• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Desmond
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • Jul 2003

Spotlight: CD Audio Action Plugin

Today we spotlight the "CDAudio" action plugin by Indigo Rose Software. This addon is available for online purchase for only $24.99 US. This addon requires AutoPlay Media Studio 5.0 Professional Edition. It does not work with the Standard Edition.

CDAudio Actions
    Add full CD music control to your AutoPlay Media Studio 5.0 Professional Edition projects, using the CDAudio action plugin. Whether creating your own custom CD player application, working with "mixed-mode" CDs, or anything in-between, the CDAudio Action Plugin is the plugin for you!

This plugin comes with a full set of actions giving you extensive control over the CD, such as play, pause, stop and seek. There are also actions to query the CD contents, get track length information, set the playback volume and choose play modes such as single, loop and random.

Imagine creating a CD that plays normally in a regular CD player and launches a custom player interface when inserted into a computer. The possibilities are endless!

For all of the technical details, please see the online help file.

Click Here for More Information and a Free Demo.

Screenshot of the CDAudio action plugin being used in a sample project:
    Last edited by Desmond; 02-27-2004, 11:51 AM.
  • Ted Sullivan
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • Oct 2003

Mixed mode CD's are super popular right now. Earlier today I was talking to the COO of a major record label distributed by a fairly large company (rhymes who coney) who is using AutoPlay Media Studio 5.0 to add enhanced content to a music CD for one of their artists. Apparently the major retails outlets have requested that they include a computer portion on their artist's CD.

I was just thinking that the CD Audio plugin is perfect for such applications.

Comments?
    New Release: Setup Factory 9.6 adds Windows 11 compatibility and support for hardware token OV/EV Code Signing certificates.

Comment

• JimS
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • May 2003

Sure, but with AMS5, they could build all kinds of value added content.
      1) A link to the Coney website and artist catalog so a person could buy more disks from the artist, find out more about tour dates, maybe even ‘deep link’ into Ticket Master to get tickets.
      2) Link to an online Coney store to buy band T-shirts, posters, etc.
      3) A link to the Artist’s official website
      4) A sign up form for some type of giveaway, to entice the buyer to give up their email address. This gives Coney 18 months to e-market to the user.
      5) A screen saver filled with pictures of the band, and album art.
      6) Printable lyrics sheets
      7) Coney could host a fan club and website with a fan forum for buyers to discuss how cool the band is. Maybe even a couple special ‘appearances’ from band members to answer questions.
      8) All the links I mentioned can be placed in a ‘custom browser’ designed to incorporate artwork and design inspired by the band.
      9) Tour dates might use the Calendar Object, and FTP File Transfer Object to keep it up to date.
      10) If Coney manages the opening acts for the Artist’s concerts, fans might want to learn more about those opening acts, so that would double this list.

Comment

• Corey
        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
        • Aug 2002

(rhymes who coney)
        That's probably the first time any human, in the history of the universe has ever used the phrase, "rhymes who coney" in paranthesis. In fact I'd bet my sandwich on it. So that's pretty cool. Very cool actually. We'll have a #1 ranking on Google for "rhymes who coney" by this time next week.

In my life I have had my name mis-spelled as "Coney" 3-4 times, usually on prescriptions. One time I got back a prescription and it said, "Coney Nulver" on the label. So for about 3-4 years henceforth my sister and mom referred to me as "Coney" much to my youthful chagrin.

Reminds me of one guy I did an album for in Edmonton named Teddy Bear who had really sloppy 'r's in his handwriting and kept signing everything, "Teddy Bean"...

Corey Milner
        Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• webras
          Forum Member
          • May 2004

Help Me

Error CD Audio Actions Plugin in win 98 and ME plataform.

Help Me
          Attached Files

Comment

• Ted Sullivan
            Indigo Rose Staff Member
            • Oct 2003

What sort of problem are you having? Please provide some more information and we'll give you some suggestions.
            New Release: Setup Factory 9.6 adds Windows 11 compatibility and support for hardware token OV/EV Code Signing certificates.

Comment

• webras
              Forum Member
              • May 2004

Hi, my problem is the following one, I used the CD Audio Plugin, in Windows 2000 and XP it functions normally. In 98 versions and ME it of the wood. In windows ME it touches only one piece of music and stops (this when he has 1 music more than). When nor only 1 music it wheel some seconds and for, for example: if a music will have 55 minutes it soh passes 1 minute of audio and stops. Ja in the Windows 98 nor twirled. Somebody would know as I can solve this problem? :yes

Comment

• Ted Sullivan
                Indigo Rose Staff Member
                • Oct 2003

Can you replicate the problem on multiple Windows 98 systems or is it isolated to one system? It's important to find out if it is due to a peculiarity of that computer.

Comment

• clientele
                  Forum Member
                  • Dec 2004

Are there any know problems with using the cd audio plug in and all other AMS 5 products with cdr-w cause Im having a ???? of a time with it using cdr-w in a windows 2000 eviroment. thanks.

Comment

• Protocol
                    Indigo Rose Customer
                    • Oct 2002

"Teddy Bean"

lol

"rhymes who Coney cauliflower"

Woohoo!

"White-colla-AMS-gangsta."

Comment

• Protocol
                      Indigo Rose Customer
                      • Oct 2002

Yeah,

I'm having a time with it seeing the tracks off of an Audio CD on my 98 setup. Haven't tried it on my XP system, but here's the scenerio...

I can look at the audio CD and grab a list of files (.cda or .wav depending on the CD-ROM drive I use), but when I replace the 3 lines that look for files with the GetNumberOfTracks function, it doesn't work. So I placed a Dialog right after it and it returns a 0. For some reason, it doesn't seem to be registering that there are audio tracks on the CD...however, if I look for any files (*.*)...there they are. (And no, I'm not looking at ROMs - these are bonofied audio CDs).

Any ideas? Thanks,

Protocol
                      "White-colla-AMS-gangsta."

Comment

• gbdor
                        Forum Member
                        • May 2006

Originally posted by Desmond
                        Today we spotlight the "CDAudio" action plugin by Indigo
                        For all of the technical details, please see the online help file.

Screenshot of the CDAudio action plugin being used in a sample project:

link dose not work help me

Comment

• Corey
                          Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
                          • Aug 2002

Sorry, that's an old link. The CD audio plugin is now included in AMS 6.0.

P.S. See, I wasn't kidding Jim:

Comment

• gbdor
                            Forum Member
                            • May 2006

have exist link for download trial version?

Comment

• Corey
                              Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
                              • Aug 2002

There is no trial version for the CD audio plug-in. It is included with full version AMS 6.0 only.

Comment

Working...
                              X