• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • T4B
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2004

AICC/SCORM compliance

Has anyone any experience of building training progs in AMS5 (or 4) that comply with these guidelines or other LMS set-up's? I know there are Flash addins for this but I don't want to reinvent the wheel.
    Dave
  • Corey
    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
    • Aug 2002

Hi. There's nothing available which would make implementing SCORM into your learning materials any easier than the Flash add-on so that would probably be your best bet vis-a-vis ease of production. This can easily be embedded in your AMS application via a Flash object.

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• T4B
      Forum Member
      • Jan 2004

Thanks for the reply Corey.
      I was hoping to provide some of the course within AMS, some in Flash (embeded in AMS) & was looking for an easy way to output data from AMS - like Flash does. I suppose I'll have to dig into the SCORM & AICC sites & see what kind of output is standard & how that might be achieved with (say) PHP to the server.
      Thanks anyway
      Dave

Comment

• Corey
        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
        • Aug 2002

Hi. FWIW you can't really *see* any of that stuff so examining a SCORM site might not be particularly enlightening vis-a-vis factual analysis of their PHP or anything, but there are some SCORM learning resources about, or at least there was a while back. It will take a little time to develop your own system, if you have lots of time that's a cool approach though. Keep us posted...

Corey Milner
        Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• T4B
          Forum Member
          • Jan 2004

Hi Corey,
          I meant sites like: http://www.aicc.org/
          or
          If you’re worried about what your kids are doing with their smartphone or who they are talking to, then you may be considering a smartphone tracking app Hoverwatch.com.

as starting points - not sites that use it. I agree theres nothing to 'see' there .
          I guess its worth looking at as it would give AMS a(nother) lead over some of its competitors & if I can fit it in, I'll be back....as someone once said.
          Dave

Comment

Working...
          X