• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lynda Troka
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Apr 2001

Windows Media Player

I've been reading through all the great posts and tried out one for Windows Media Player, but I couldn't get it to work.
    I want Windows Media Player to open in compact mode.
    The code I used was
    Execute Program: wmplayer.exe
    Argument: /compactmode/play /close %SrcDir%\videos/s4topic7.mpg
    Working Dir: %SrcDir%\videos

I got the full screen version to work in the old Windows Media Player, but I am having no luck in the new Windows Media Player. Under Argument if I put the above, it opens and says it cannot find the object. If I put
    Argument: s4topic7.mpg it opens it but in full mode.

What am I doing wrong?
    Someone told me that when Windows Media Player first opens it will always be in full mode, is this true?

On another note: is there a way to make the Search Variable come back with a yes variable like "Yes you have the program installed, so you don't need to install anything"? It presently has a no variable.
  • Jito463
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2001

Re: Windows Media Player

Is the argument listed exactly as you put it in AMS? If so, I can see a few problems. No. 1, there's no space between /compactmode and /play. No. 2, you have the source as \videos/s4topic7.mpg. Note that the 2 slashes are 2 different ways. Other than the possibility that you typed it in wrong, though, I'm not sure.

Comment

• Lynda Troka
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Apr 2001

Re: Windows Media Player

Thanks for the reply.
      I tried
      execute program: wmplayer.exe
      Argument: /compactmode /play /close %SrcDir%\videos\s4topic7.mpg
      Working Dir: %SrcDir%\videos

It opens Windows Media Player but then gives the message object or name not found. And when it opens WMP its in full mode not compact mode.
      Any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
      X