PDA

View Full Version : Executables

jimscharff
02-17-2004, 08:16 AM
I was looking to hide my project assets (video and swf files) and decided to distribute my project as an executable. All works fine (graphics, video and audo) except for the flash files, which the application is unable to locate.

A similar problem occurs if the flash folder is hidden and one tries to publish as normal to a folder (flash assets become unavailable).

Is there something I have missed?

Jim

synistics
02-19-2004, 12:25 AM
I am new to this as well, but doing soemthing similar, I have all my flash in the doc file and then into and exe, from there I added a launcher, so I have effectively buried all of my flash files plus all of my install exe.

so
add flash, this copied to doc
then make exe

Brett
02-19-2004, 07:12 AM
We'll definitely look into those issues.

Mark
02-19-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by jimscharff
I was looking to hide my project assets (video and swf files) and decided to distribute my project as an executable. All works fine (graphics, video and audo) except for the flash files, which the application is unable to locate.

A similar problem occurs if the flash folder is hidden and one tries to publish as normal to a folder (flash assets become unavailable).

Hi,

Jim I have been looking into this problem and have been able to replicate the problem when you publish to a self-extracting executable.

But I have found that when publishing to a folder I have not problems, with flash or any other type of media.

What do you mean when you say that flash assets become unavailable? What operating system are you using? What folder are you publishing to?

jimscharff
02-27-2004, 07:25 AM
I agree with you - the only time the flash assets become unavailable is when the project is distributed as an executable.

I had been trying add on software to make the directories invisible (folderguard etc) and these obviously did too good a job.

I understand that version .04 may overcome my immediate issue by scrambling the file extensions. Do you have any information on a release date?

Thanks

Jim

Brett
02-27-2004, 07:51 AM
Probably within a week.

jimscharff
02-27-2004, 08:11 AM
:) Thanks Brett

Looking forward to .04 with anticipation.

Jim