PDA

View Full Version : Check Answers

SonHouse
02-16-2004, 10:50 AM
Hi...

I am new to this software and to programming in general..I've been experimenting with designing a basic math drill sheet program for kids. I started with a page with buttons for addition, subtraction etc. then when you click on the addition button it takes you to a new page that generates random numbers in a drill sheet format. I have 4 sample problems to start with, basic addition single number, ie 2+3 = input. The problems prompt the user with an input field for the student to type in the answer then at the end of the page, I have a button that states "check answers" and then a few boxes to show the number of correct answers and the number of wrong answers...I set up a simple if then statement to do this but it doesn't seem to be working...any ideas?

Stefan_M
02-16-2004, 12:47 PM
little demo to show how it could work.

Stefan

SonHouse
02-16-2004, 01:02 PM
Thanks for your quick response Stefan_M....

looks and works great! :)

Stefan_M
02-16-2004, 02:45 PM
A little bit more complex.
Shows what page inherit can do for you.

Stefan

SonHouse
02-16-2004, 03:06 PM
Thanks again?

How can I print these sheets out after the problems have been generated?

You've been a big help..Stefan_M

Stefan_M
02-16-2004, 03:36 PM
and now with print button an the last page

stefan

SonHouse
02-16-2004, 03:40 PM
Thanks Stefan_M....:) I appreciate all of your help.

David

SonHouse
02-16-2004, 11:40 PM
Stefan-

Where is the print file? can it print directly to the printer in a custom layout form? I'd like to be able to generate these worksheets and let the user print them out as well as work them online. Any ideas there?

Thanks.

David

Stefan_M
02-17-2004, 11:51 AM
A little bit different way to show and print details

Stefan

SonHouse
02-17-2004, 01:33 PM
Stefan...wow!! that is pretty cool. great job..and thanks.

Dave

SonHouse
02-20-2004, 03:42 PM
Stefan--

How would you have this little math program automatically generate a number of mixed math problems..add, sub, prod, and div? instead of just one set of problems per page at a time?

I'm thinking about having the student select type of problems, add, sub, prod, div, mixed etc. , (using checkboxes) the number of problems to generate, number ranges, first and second number, and font size etc. (radio buttons?)

Also, I 've learned quite a bit from your programs and a few others that have been posted. Are there more programs available to look at that you know of? or do you have any other simple programs that you would be willing to share?

Thanks

Stefan_M
02-20-2004, 04:59 PM
Hi David,

take a look at
http://www.autorun.org
then choose Downloads / Example Projects.
You can find about 10 demos I made.

Stefan

Ted Sullivan
02-20-2004, 05:33 PM
Yes, thanks go to Stefan for uploading a whole slew of sample projects to http://www.autorun.org.

JimS, Eric Darling and a bunch of other people have been contributing some really neat stuff like background images, page masks, and articles about video format and other interesting info too!

Corey
02-20-2004, 05:44 PM
Wow!!! Outstanding contributions!!! That place is soooooo cool...

Corey Milner
Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software (http://www.indigorose.com)

SonHouse
02-20-2004, 06:28 PM
Thanks again for your help Stefan...

Dave

Stefan_M
02-21-2004, 06:36 AM
Here is another way to create your math quiz.
Detailed HTML resume.
Select number of problems.
min/max value of operations
selection of operation type
mixed mode

Stefan

SonHouse
02-21-2004, 12:41 PM
Stefan....looks great! thanks for your help.

Dave