• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RobertB
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Nov 2000

Thumbnail Plugin question

Ok...just getting around to try and understand the thumbnail plugin.... For most of my applications I will just have a preset page to scroll through various image catalogues...meaning, I do not want to "open folder". When the user navigates to a page the thumbs are there.

None of the tut's really explain the process. The help just says drop it in a point to a folder....I have no idea where I am supposed to end up...meaning, I have very little desire to learn boolean....just, point and click to get a desired result.

So what would be my first action when arriving at a certain page? Load folder, open folder, etc?

I took a folder of .jpg's and dropped into my project and could not get anything to do anything. :(

-TIA!

-Robert
  • kpsmith
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2000

First thing you have to do is create a table of the file paths that you want to load into the Thumb Plugin.

--Get all .jpg files from a folder and store them in table "ImageList
    ImageList = File.Find("C:\\MyDir\\", "*.jpg", false, false, nil);nd

--then add them to the Thumbnail object named "ThumbNails"
    result = ThumbList.AddFiles("ThumbNails", ImageList, nil);

Comment

• RobertB
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Nov 2000

thx kps....I have no idea what you are talking about...but, at least I can go in some direction.

Comment

• Corey
        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
        • Aug 2002

Sorry to leave you hanging AK, I just haven't had time to play with the plug-ins. Soon. I realize that's no help, just wanted you to know though.

Corey Milner
        Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• densed
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Jan 2003

Thumbnail Plugin question

I am also in the same situation, I do not want to "open folder" either, just navigate to thumbs on a page.

Dennis

Comment

• kpsmith
            Forum Member
            • Jul 2000

OK... I'll see if I can baby step through this...

Create blank page in a project

Add a thumbnail object to the page...call it "MyThumblist"

Now you need to have a folder of .jpgs within your CD_ROOT folder for the project. Lets name this folder Images and then copy a couple .jpgs into there.

Now that you have some JPG's in your project folder lets add the actions to populate the thumblist.

First you need to specify a location and filenames for the .jpgs you want loaded. We will do this with a file find action that we will add to Page Show...

----Get all .jpg files from a folder and store them in table "ImageList
            ImageList = File.Find("Images", "*.jpg", false, false, nil);

This basically means get all file paths for .jpg files in the folder "Images" within your CD_Root project folder and add them to the table named "ImageList"

Now we have a list of images to populate the thumblist with. Add this action to Page Show...

--then add them to the Thumbnail object named "MyThumblist"
            result = ThumbList.AddFiles("MyThumblist", ImageList, nil);

This essentially loads your "MyThumblist" object with all the files in the ImageList table

That's it... I'll attach the page so you can see it
            Attached Files

Comment

• RobertB
              Indigo Rose Customer
              • Nov 2000

thanks bro for the baby steps....THAT HELPED TREMENDOUSLY!

Will try it this weekend.....

Comment

Working...
              X