PDA

View Full Version : Thumbnail Plugin question

RobertB
02-09-2004, 11:34 PM
Ok...just getting around to try and understand the thumbnail plugin.... For most of my applications I will just have a preset page to scroll through various image catalogues...meaning, I do not want to "open folder". When the user navigates to a page the thumbs are there.

None of the tut's really explain the process. The help just says drop it in a point to a folder....I have no idea where I am supposed to end up...meaning, I have very little desire to learn boolean....just, point and click to get a desired result.

So what would be my first action when arriving at a certain page? Load folder, open folder, etc?

I took a folder of .jpg's and dropped into my project and could not get anything to do anything. :(

-TIA!

-Robert

kpsmith
02-10-2004, 03:38 PM
First thing you have to do is create a table of the file paths that you want to load into the Thumb Plugin.

--Get all .jpg files from a folder and store them in table "ImageList
ImageList = File.Find("C:\\MyDir\\", "*.jpg", false, false, nil);nd

--then add them to the Thumbnail object named "ThumbNails"
result = ThumbList.AddFiles("ThumbNails", ImageList, nil);

RobertB
02-11-2004, 01:17 AM
thx kps....I have no idea what you are talking about...but, at least I can go in some direction.

Corey
02-11-2004, 01:35 AM
Sorry to leave you hanging AK, I just haven't had time to play with the plug-ins. Soon. I realize that's no help, just wanted you to know though.

Corey Milner
Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software (http://www.indigorose.com)

densed
02-11-2004, 10:35 PM
I am also in the same situation, I do not want to "open folder" either, just navigate to thumbs on a page.

Dennis

kpsmith
02-13-2004, 09:47 AM
OK... I'll see if I can baby step through this...

Create blank page in a project

Add a thumbnail object to the page...call it "MyThumblist"

Now you need to have a folder of .jpgs within your CD_ROOT folder for the project. Lets name this folder Images and then copy a couple .jpgs into there.

Now that you have some JPG's in your project folder lets add the actions to populate the thumblist.

First you need to specify a location and filenames for the .jpgs you want loaded. We will do this with a file find action that we will add to Page Show...

----Get all .jpg files from a folder and store them in table "ImageList
ImageList = File.Find("Images", "*.jpg", false, false, nil);

This basically means get all file paths for .jpg files in the folder "Images" within your CD_Root project folder and add them to the table named "ImageList"

Now we have a list of images to populate the thumblist with. Add this action to Page Show...

--then add them to the Thumbnail object named "MyThumblist"
result = ThumbList.AddFiles("MyThumblist", ImageList, nil);

This essentially loads your "MyThumblist" object with all the files in the ImageList table

That's it... I'll attach the page so you can see it

RobertB
02-13-2004, 09:50 AM
thanks bro for the baby steps....THAT HELPED TREMENDOUSLY!

Will try it this weekend..... :)