• Show
Clear All
  • sferguson
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Oct 2003

prob with AMS Default directories

Situation:

...was using an external portable HD for recent projects

external portable HD got shipped to another person on the project team, at another office (cross-country)

try to launch AMS to open a sample project or create a new project - and it consistently generates an "error 28" (presumably because it can no longer find the temp directory or projects directory, which were both located on the portable

obviously, I'd just change the settings in AMS preferences to point to new directories, but... AMS won't launch - Dohhh!

Any suggestions?
    -Scott F.
  • AaronCooper
    Forum Member
    • Apr 2002

Re: prob with AMS Default directories

Just tested this on my computer, I have a Firewire drive as my Storage. I got the same error.

I can't find an INI with directory info in it, other than the uninstall INI.

One possible thing is to reinstall. Or maybe create another partition letter the same letter as the drive that was on there.

FIx the problem and the delete that partition.

Originally posted by sferguson
    Situation:

...was using an external portable HD for recent projects

external portable HD got shipped to another person on the project team, at another office (cross-country)

try to launch AMS to open a sample project or create a new project - and it consistently generates an "error 28" (presumably because it can no longer find the temp directory or projects directory, which were both located on the portable

obviously, I'd just change the settings in AMS preferences to point to new directories, but... AMS won't launch - Dohhh!

Any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
    X