• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kidcane
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2004

Mouse Rollover Actions ??

Hey group, you guys were so quick to answer my last question, here's one more !!

I have some buttons on my page that do 3 functions:

-On Click == Page Jump
    -On Enter == Show Paragraph Text
    -On Leave == Show "Blank" Paragraph Text

Is it possible to have the On Enter & On Leave do a transition, such as fade or slowly change to the "Blank" Text ??

Hope that makes sense, I can't find an answer anywhere !!

- kid
  • Worm
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jul 2002

If you the text is not dynamic in the project, you could save the text out as a PNG image using transparency. Then on the mouse enter use the image opacity to fade it in and out.

Here's a thread with an example of faiding images in and out

Comment

• Corey
      Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
      • Aug 2002

That'll work. Also you might even be able to simulate that using different pages with page transitions by doing a page jump on rollover, it's a thought...

Corey Milner
      Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• kidcane
        Forum Member
        • Feb 2004

Thanks for the help -

I'll try that out, and keep ya posted....

- kid

Comment

• Corey
          Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
          • Aug 2002

Actually, oops, now that I think about this Worm's solution is the correct one, my idea here was flawed cause it fades the buttons too, didn't think it through... :o

Corey Milner

Comment

• kidcane
            Forum Member
            • Feb 2004

Thanks Worm and Corey...

I used photoshop and created an image of the text....

it worked pretty well, but since i have 7 buttons in a row it cycles through them kinda slow....

I'll just have to keep messing with the opacity percent i guess...

i was changing them by 10's
            then i went by 20's...

Thanks,

kid

Comment

• TJ_Tigger
              Indigo Rose Customer
              • Sep 2002

If you wanted the text to by dynamic and fade in and out, you should be able to do something like that with Flash. Not that I am a flashy guy but I think it should be able to be done.
              TJ-Tigger
              "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
              "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
              Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

• Corey
                Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
                • Aug 2002

Yeah it's easy in Flash but no background transparency. As to tmaking your fades smoother, increase the timer rate. 10 frames per second is fine for smoothness, so you should have your timer set to 100 ms and then fade 10% opacity per timer cycle. you can tweak that as needed but that should make a good basis for smoothness.

Swish in particular is a good quick way to create flash text but also, and a *lot* of people do not seem to know about this, you can also do it in Dreamweaver too! Just go to INSERT > INTERACTIVE IMAGES > FLASH TEXT it's da bomb.

Corey Milner

Comment

• Intrigued
                  Indigo Rose Customer
                  • Dec 2003

I recently purchased SwishMAX... if I can chime in here. And I am really happy with where this product is at now in its life cycle.

There are many 'transition' options built-in, as you may know, as well. And to top it off... I like that you can tweak these transitions to meet your project's goal(s).

Just drag blocks of 'transition' left, right, up, or down on the time line! To make professional 'compound' transitions.

To me this is a must-have application in my ASM5 (pro) project development arsenal.
                  Intrigued

Comment

• Tek
                    Forum Member
                    • Mar 2004

That's pretty cool guys.

I've been looking for a way to have a Flash item in my AMS project that displays text taken from an online XML file. I just want to do a simple news display item and Flash sounds like the way to go.

Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                    X