Can AMS figure out if a picture is portrait or landscape?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CelticDragon
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jun 2003

Can AMS figure out if a picture is portrait or landscape?

I'm doing a CD at the moment and I have a few images that I want to be shown one at a time depending on clicks the user makes. What I want is to be able to change the pictures from time to time, without having to change the destination pages, so I figured that I could just have a html file call the image.

This works, but most of the images are banner like, and some are portrait, so I want AMS to figure out which it is do display a different html file (one html file will call the image in landscape with a specified width keeping aspect ratio, while another page say portrait.htm will call the portrait picture with a specified width and so on....)

It's really early in the morning here, so I hope I've made sense...

Thank you
    Stephen
    If you can read this, i have yet to write a witty and imaginative signature.... sorry...
  • Corey
    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
    • Aug 2002

Hi. Yep, that's easy, you can just divide the width into the height. If the resulting value is lower than 1 you have a landscape, if it's higher you have a portrait. you can get these values using Image.GetSize as seen here

Hope that helps.

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• CelticDragon
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Jun 2003

Outstanding

Cheers Cory,

But aren't you in Canada (Or the US, I'm never quite sure about that one...) and it's about 1am?

I also see that Lorne is on here...

Don't you people ever sleep? I mean seriously? I'm in a totally different time zone to you and I don't think I've ever gone more than 10 minutes without a response to a question (no matter how stupid that question may be!)

SLEEP

PS: And thanks for that by the way! :razz : ::;
      also, those new smilies rock!
      If you can read this, i have yet to write a witty and imaginative signature.... sorry...

Comment

• Corey
        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
        • Aug 2002

Yeah I sleep plenty, but only when the freaks come out. (9-5) Tee har, j/k. :lol

I'm going to tweak the smileys this weekend, it's too busy today getting the final tweaks in place on new user exchange site but anyhow Lorne coughed up a bunch of cool new ones so I need to go and dispatch of a few plus I need to re-work the shortcuts because I accidentally overlapped some. Soooo I'll get that done this weekend and then we can all avail ourselves of the new smileys, and any life lengthening properties they may possess, starting next week sharp.

Not sure where the old smileys will go, I'll have to phone around and see if there's like a home for retired smileys or whatever, I'll find them a good home... The thing is that with the flat tech market and wotnot it's a very competitive market and frankly the outgoing smileys are just going to have to recognize that the new candidates which replaced them were simply providing more value for less cost and that they're going to have to evolve if they want to stay in the loop, perhaps this will be the best thing that ever happened to them. I know my gym teacher used to tell me that every time I took a dodgeball to the eye and dang it look at me now, so basically if this experience can help turn around *even 1* of those smileys then it was well worth it!

Anyhow staying up makes you think of cool stuff like this:

***DISCLAIMER*** Note : This text is not intended as a disclaimer.

You're not going to learn how to disclaim a disclaimer in bed, that's big time stuff. A new line of skateboards (or T-Shirts) with that written on them (or a variety of zany disclaimers) would gross $10,000,000 a year.

Corey Milner
        Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• CelticDragon
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Jun 2003

Sleep deprivation

makes even the strongest mind it's *expletive subsitute - Female Canine* from time to time!

Disclaimed-Disclaimer.com could work, I'm sure CafePress.com would do a line in Skateboards to complement that other stuff!

Comment

Working...
          X