• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • octane6228
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2004

Divx Codec Check ?

Hi...I'm very interested to figure out how to test for the DIVX Codec...I'm using Dr. DIVX 1.0.4 due to its high quality video and low file size...My concern is that when I distribute my material on CD-ROM that people won't have the CODEC on there PC, thus no video on playback!!! I need to be able to check for the DIVX Codec and then install just the playback CODEC if its not present, I don't need the encoder etc installed just the decoder part. Has anyone done this before ?, because the quality of DIVX is unmatched...Your Help would be greatly appreciated.

Octane
  • Nasice2003
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2003

Hey there... I had a similar problem, and this is the code I wrote for installing Xvid codec. On main page startup it looks for the codec's .dll in windows folder, and installs it if neccessary.
    If not, it just goes on with the project.
    Works just fine on WinXp, but not sure if it works on 98/Me.

if not File.DoesExist(_SystemFolder .. "\\xvid.dll") then do
    Dialog.TimedMessage("CoDec", "You don't have an appropriate CoDec on your OS... installing it in a few seconds", 4000, MB_ICONINFORMATION);
    File.Run("AutoPlay\\Docs\\XviD_Install.exe", "", "", SW_SHOWNORMAL, false) end else end

Hope this helped.

Comment

• David Delaney
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Jul 2000

Anyone found a way to make sure it works on all Windows? This is a great little script, but I need it to work for all systems (Windows that is). Thanks

Comment

• David Delaney
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Jul 2000

Also, in this script. Where do I need to put the Xvid codec on the CD that I am including for distribution? Is there a folder that it needs to go into ? I am new to scripting and don't really understand it. Thanks

Comment

• Nasice2003
          Forum Member
          • Nov 2003

Originally posted by David Delaney
          Also, in this script. Where do I need to put the Xvid codec on the CD that I am including for distribution?
          Hey there, you can specify any directory you want... I copied the Xvid_install.exe in my project directory:
          "E:\ams5 projects\drustvo\CD_Root\AutoPlay\Docs\"
          ...in my case., so, in the script you can read
          File.Run("AutoPlay\\Docs\\XviD_Install.exe", "", "", SW_SHOWNORMAL, false).

When you build the project to the hard drive or cd, it'll be in AutoPlay\\Docs\\.

Comment

• David Delaney
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Jul 2000

Sorry to be a pain, but what will the whole script look like after you put in the changes?

Also, where can I download the Xvid installer (url)? Thanks alot for the quick info!

Comment

• mitologys
              Forum Member
              • Apr 2003

if (File.DoesExist(_SystemFolder.."\\divx.dll")) then
              strdivxVersion = File.GetVersionInfo(_SystemFolder.."\\divx.dll").F ileVersion;
              install = String.CompareFileVersions(strdivxVersion, "5.1.1");

if install == -1 then
              counter = 0;
              while counter < 3 do
              result = Dialog.Message("Informação", "Uma versão mais recente do DivX deve ser instalada de modo a visualizar os ficheiros.\r\nDeseja instalar agora?", MB_YESNO, MB_ICONEXCLAMATION);
              if result == IDYES then
              File.Run("AutoPlay\\Docs\\Divx 5.1.1\\DivXPro511Adware.exe /S", "", "", SW_SHOWNORMAL, true);
              end
              counter = counter +1;
              end
              end

else
              counter = 0;
              while counter < 3 do
              result = Dialog.Message("Informação", "Para visualizar os filmes tem que possuir no mínimo a versão 5.1.1 do Codec Divx", MB_OKCANCEL, MB_ICONEXCLAMATION);
              if result == IDOK then
              File.Run("AutoPlay\\Docs\\Divx 5.1.1\\DivXPro511Adware.exe /S", "", "", SW_SHOWNORMAL, true);
              end
              counter = counter +1;
              end
              end

I have this working fine in windows 2k and xp in 9x i have a problem and it doen´nt work fine (the comments are in my native language )

I asked this same question here:

Comment

Working...
              X