• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fredkauf
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jun 2002

pdf plugin

Got a question, I bought the plugin pack, very nice. is the ir team considered makeing a pugin to allow a pdf file to open in the ams application. Or is there a way to do it without a plugin, just interested to see if that might be on the drawing board for furture plugins.

Thanks
  • Corey
    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
    • Aug 2002

I can't speak to the dev guys plans on that but I can tell you that this is much trickier than it should be. My understanding is that the acrobat control is notoriously uneasy to work with. I would assume that's why you never see native pdf functionality in any software. Anyhow that's the rumor but Brett may have something more concise to add...

BTW you can already show your pdfs in a web browser object using the ubiquitous pdf browser plug-in, so that might help...

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• sferguson
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Oct 2003

Yep... all of the above is pretty right-on.

The simplest and most immediate way to load PDFs is via the webobj. The only prerequisite is just making sure the end user has some version of acrobat reader installed.

Adobe, for whatever reason :confused: chose to implement a kookie scripting paradigm that closely parallels JavaScript. Some things aren't too dificult to work out, yet others can be very frustrating.

...Not to mention that accessing most of their developer support info, docs, tools, etc. requires that you officially join their "developer club" at one of two levels - with the entry level beginning at a $195 fee for annual membership dues
      -Scott F.

Comment

• Corey
        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
        • Aug 2002

Indeed. Adobe hath practices most foul.

Corey Milner
        Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

Working...
        X