• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • svanetempest
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jan 2004

Macromedia Flash Error on Startup

Does the 'standard' version differ from the trial? Just that on startup, the software seems to check for macromedia flash and also report if it is not the cirrect version, yet I have used no flash objects at all in the show. I have looked through the entire project and there are no files with the .swf extension either.

The standard documentation implies that if there are no flash objects in the project, then it will not check.

Can this be disabled or will it always show up regardless? Just that on many NT servers, this could be quite annoying everytime the runtime presentation starts.

The Pro version ofers features that we will not want to use, so seems expensive if it will just to solve this problem in our case.

This seems to be the last 'issue' hopefully - great software and very flexible.
  • Brett
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • Jan 2000

Add this to your project's Globals:

_DoFlashCheck = false;

Comment

• svanetempest
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Jan 2004

Many thanks,

Will try this Monday and hopefully will order product shortly thereafter!

I must say that this forum and responses have been far better than many other 'forums' I have experienced.

Regards

Comment

• Corey
        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
        • Aug 2002

I agree, this forum rocks! Hellooooooooooo Cleveland!

Corey Milner
        Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• TJ_Tigger
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Sep 2002

Corey, are you a Drew Carey fan?
          TJ-Tigger
          "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
          "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
          Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

• Corey
            Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
            • Aug 2002

Not sure who that is... TV? I don't have a TV, haven't had one for many years...

Corey Milner

Comment

• TJ_Tigger
              Indigo Rose Customer
              • Sep 2002

Yup that is TV. I usually only see it when I am in a hotel. But the theme song they sing is Cleveland Rocks And that is where it is set.
              TJ-Tigger
              "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
              Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

• Corey
                Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
                • Aug 2002

Ok I know who you mean now. No I am not a fan of his in any way, sort of the opposite in a way but I'll spare you.

I am however a gigantic fan of the external work which his sidekick on that show, Ryan Stiles, did vis-a-vis improv. He teaches improv classes at a University in CA each year during the break in shooting, etc. Easily one of the funniest, quickest-minded, comedic geniuses I've ever seen. Although I'm very anti-TV that old show "Who's Line is it Anyway" was superb programming which I used to watch that back in the day. More than once I have been brought near tears by his comedy.

The episode with Robin Williams was classic art. But by far the best combo was when they would have that Ryan guy, Colin Mockery, Greg Proops, and Wayne Brady. I saw that combo a couple times and it was nothing short of comedy history I think.

Just for supporting such a genius Drew Carey gets big points in my book actually, nice to see someone hiring these people based on talent. That being said there isn't enough football players in Green Bay to force me to watch an episode of any prime time sitcom in existence if you get my drift, I'd sooner be dissolved in mercury.

Corey Milner

Comment

• AGRO
                  Forum Member
                  • Oct 2000

Corey you mentioned Wayne Brady. The lady and I went to go see him at a comedy club here in town and I was laughing the entire time. He did the improv theme with some no names, it was just a riot. I agree with you, the people on the show "who's line is it anyway" are very good comics.

Comment

• Corey
                    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
                    • Aug 2002

Cool. Yeah, Wayne Brady has that added dimension of being able to sing quite well too. Dang that guy thinks fast. I have to start going to Yuk-Yuks more often, it's a lot of fun for sure...

Corey Milner

Comment

• TJ_Tigger
                      Indigo Rose Customer
                      • Sep 2002

I have to agree that Ryan is hillarious. I find that if I am in a bad mood I will watch two back to back episodes of Whos Line on ABC Family. We used to watch Whos Line when it aired in the UK. A friend of mine had a satellite dish and taped the show and we would watch several shows in a row. Ahh entertainment in small town USA.

Wayne would be great to see in person as well. I am hoping that if I am in CA to sit in on a filming of Whos Line. I saw the one with Robin Williams, that was funny. Recently I saw the one with Woopie Goldberg and laughed through the entire show, they also showed one where Richard Simmons was the guest star. He wasn't one of the improvers but Wayne sung a song to him and he was in the moveable props skit. He really like Wayne as well. I had not laught so much in a long time.
                      TJ-Tigger

Comment

• Corey
                        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
                        • Aug 2002

An ex-girlfriend of mine once hired Whoopi for a one night show here at a large night club. $15K she charged for one night, plus travel. She's funny but... No human deserves that. Plus I've heard her espouse some extremely unenlightened political ideas a couple times. And when I say unenlightened I mean like downright frightening to the point that you just have to shake your head and wonder which planet she's been habitating lately. Once I heard her briefly explain, "why property rights should supercede human rights" on a talk show and I just about choked. Oh well, live and let live...

Corey Milner

Comment

Working...
                        X