• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jedidia
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2001

Accessing More Advanced Features

There are a few things I am desperately needing to be able to do. Give me your take on it. First of all, I NEED a way to allow the user to control the volume. Does anyone happen to know what is executed when you single click on the speaker in the task bar of Windows? When you click that, it brings up the simple single main volume control. Is there a way to call that app from AMS? Also, I have lots of sound files that are more than 20 minutes in length, and it would be invaluable to be able to either watch the process, or control where in the mp3 I am currently listening. I mean, it sucks if someone has listend for 15 minutes and for some reason they stop. They have to start all over from the beginning. I mean that sucks! I want my autoplay CDs to be completely built in. I DO NOT want to rely on them having a player installed on thier system. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Oh by the way, if you CAN call that volume app in windows, how can you specify a variable for the Windows directory? I mean it is likely they installed to something other than c:\windows!!! HELP!!!
  • Michael
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2000

Re: Accessing More Advanced Features

Jedidia,

Do a search on this forum. This was discussed a month or two back.

Good luck.

Comment

• Jedidia
      Forum Member
      • Jul 2001

Any thoughts for a progress bar that will allow fast forwarding and or rewinding?

Comment

• Michael
        Forum Member
        • Feb 2000

Hello.
        If you are referring to video FF and REW, this is not possible with the built in avi player. An external player will do that. And no way for audio either, as far as I know. And again, an external player would work.

M.

Comment

• Roger The Shrubber
          Forum Member
          • Apr 2001

Ok I figured it out. All windows operating systems use a program called "sndvol32.exe".
          This is located in different directories depending on the operating system so you will need to place this program on the CD itself. Now have AMS execute this file and under arguements, put a "/t" (without the quotes). The /t will give you the single slider control.

[This message has been edited by Roger The Shrubber (edited 07-24-2001).]

Comment

• fargus
            Forum Member
            • Jul 2001

here's a link to a freeware volume control, to avoid any licensing issues with micro$ofts. http://cfa.skuz.net/cv-106.exe

single slider and much cooler looking too.

[This message has been edited by fargus (edited 07-24-2001).]

Comment

• _acecombat_
              Forum Member
              • Dec 2002

I would suggest NOONE GET THIS FILE as it contains a W32.Maldal.D@mm virus. Corey or any other admin please edit they guy befores post to remove it or at least the link. Thanx. By the way Corey or other admin can you please change my status from newbie to something better??? =)

Comment

• Worm
                Indigo Rose Customer
                • Jul 2002

If you want to control the volume totally from within your AMS app, take a look at this thread on the forum.

Controlling Sound Volume

Comment

Working...
                X