• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • downunder
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2003

MDAC and Jet4.0

I cannot find a Jet 4.0 SP3 download on Microsoft's site as they only have the newer versions.

Is it possible, therefore, to use these newer version of MDAC and Jet 4.0 as I get a message during build that Jet4.0 SP3 and MDAC26 have to be used.
  • Darryl
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • Jul 2001

We are currently working on updating the runtime support modules and plan to have one for Jet in the near future.

Unfortunately no, you cannot simply replace the files with newer versions because there are specific checks and conditions in the runtime module project file that have specific version details. It's also fairly complicated due to the fact that Jet requires MDAC and for 95 machines, MDAC requires DCOM.

However if you want to try to modify it, you can find the project files for those runtime modules if you look in "C:\Program Files\Setup Factory 6.0\Runtimes\Jet40SP3". There you will be able to see what was done.

If you do update any of the files, make sure you check Microsoft's requirements for those files as well.

Keep an eye on the site for new versions though.

Comment

• downunder
      Forum Member
      • Nov 2003

Thanks Darryl, I was wondering what would happen if my installation had Jet 4.0 SP3 and the recipient's PC already had a higher version (applies to MDAC also).

I would imagine the install would not overwrite the higher version but would the software then work?

Comment

• Darryl
        Indigo Rose Staff Member
        • Jul 2001

No, the jet files in that case would not be installed, nor MDAC if what they had was newer. As for whether or not your software would work, that is hard to tell. Unfortunately I think it may come down to testing what minimum and maximum versions your software is compatible with. I doubt you would have a problem if their versions were newer. My guess is that the problems would arise if they were just older.

We're working on a new one as we speak, but it's a nasty module to create. We'll work as fast as we can.

Comment

Working...
        X