• Show
Clear All
  • smack
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Nov 2003

Execute(..) Errors on win2000s

hi there..

i have th following script:

check Internet Connnection(%IsConnected%)
    if (%IsConnected%)
    HTTP Download (http://......../patch.exe -> %AppDir%\updates)
    Execute (%AppDir%\updates\patch.exe)
    end if

now that works on all machines, WHEN there is a patch.exe is on the server..

when there is no patch.exe on the server to download.. most machine can handle the problem... BUT not a win2000!

i get this error:

so.. i thought i would add a trap to see if the file is there... cant seem to find the correct code?can someone explain the error.. and give me a workaround? thx...

TIA. Stuart.
    smack | <°))>< | WH - Director Discussion Mod
    Freelance Multimedia Producer | www.acklam.de |
  • Darryl
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • Jul 2001

What is happening is that there is a file being downloaded, probably something like a file not found page or something along those lines. If you renamed your patch.exe file to patch.htm, you will probably be able to see what is being downloaded, likely an error of some kind from the web server.

If you know the exact size or CRC value of the file being downloaded, you could check those options on the HTTP Download action's properties.

If you don't know the exact size, but have an idea of the size, you could maybe do something like the following:

After your Download File HTTP action, you could first get the Error code that may be returned using the variable %LastErrorNum%. Assign its value to another variable.

Then you could check to see if the patch.exe file exists using the Read File Information action.
    If it exists, then you could check the file size using the same action.

You could then check to see if the downloaded file is larger than a certain value you expect it to be. If it is, then it is OK to launch that executable using the Execute File action.

Hope that helps.

Comment

• smack
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Nov 2003

cheers darryl... i will try it!

sounds...

i cant check the file size.. because this will change over time.. new updates etc...

i will post you the link to the game when its free to see

stu.
      smack | <°))>< | WH - Director Discussion Mod
      Freelance Multimedia Producer | www.acklam.de |

Comment

Working...
      X