Is there Oracle Support in Setup Factory 6.0?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kashi_mughal
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2003

Is there Oracle Support in Setup Factory 6.0?

Dear Sir,

is there support for Oracle+Developer Applications in Setup Factory? means can we make installers of that applications which are built in Oracle+Developer. if there is not support in Setup Factroy 6.0, kindly tell me the software which support for the installers of Oracle+Developer Applications.

Regards,

Kashif Mughal.
  • Darryl
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • Jul 2001

Setup Factory 6.0 can be used to install applications created with any development tool, so yes, you can certainly distribute your application using Setup Factory.

However, no, Setup Factory 6.0 does not contain any specific support for Oracle. I don't know much about Oracle, however I'll assume you are referring to a runtime support module? If this is required, likely there is a premade one that you could launch from your install, however as I say, I'm not familiar with those specific apps.

Hope that helps.

Comment

• John-oh
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Jun 2000

I did this some years ago, for Oracle support files and it was a nightmare. If you can, you are much better using the Oracle installation disk if possible.

As I recall Oracle were their usual helpful selves, i.e every help, short of actual assistance. The advice was :

a) install from original disk
      or
      b) Do an install and note which files are copied, then build these into your setup.

In the end we did b), using (from memory) a program called Inctrl4, which watches the install and reports changes / files copied etc.
      INCtrl4

I think this only works on 95, 98 & NT (It was some time ago)

We then reproduced the changes in Setup Factory, this will vary with OS.

The problem is not using Setup Factory, it is getting which files are actually required from Oracle.

I seem to remember we also had some problems with DLL version numbers / dates as well.

Good Luck

Comment

Working...
      X