• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bjohnson
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2003

"Close Program" problem

I need to update a running program (.exe). In my TrueUpdate script I use the Close Program command so that I may update the running program. The problem I am having is the program appears to terminate (as the active window from my running program closes) but the Windows Task Manager still shows the .exe as a running process. Therefore, my update script terminates with an error as I am trying to update that process. I have tried all the options on the "Close Progam" command dialog, but nothing seems to work. THanks in advance.
  • Adam
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • May 2000

Re: "Close Program" problem

What happens if you simply close this program in the normal way? Does it still appear in the task manager? I suspect that this has to do with the program that you are running. What type of program is it?

Comment

• jdynan
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Jan 2004

Closing Program

I am having the same problem as the first questioner.
      It's a Vb program using an MS Access database. When I use True Update I get the error message that "a sharing voilation occurs".

I have tired to close the program in the actions window saying " Close Program (Program " Program's Name.exe, Force Termination)

Any thoughts.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X