PDA

View Full Version : Help Please - Handling Multiple Daily Updates

aziegler
01-23-2003, 03:41 PM
We are evaluating TU and feel that it will meet our needs for occasional patches to distributed software. We would also like to use TU for updating client data that is generated automatically several times a day. It seems to me that one would have to manually update the server file when an updated set of data is available for download. Any thoughts on how one can handle this with out having someone doing constant updates to the server file. Thanks in advance for the input and we really like TU and are serious about using it if we can find a way to handle the above needs also.

Brett
01-24-2003, 09:49 AM
You are correct in that the server file would have to be updated everytime new data is available. However, it is very fast and easy to update that file with the Server File Editor, especially over a local LAN.

aziegler
01-24-2003, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the reply. The data updates are scheduled and occur daily, but the duration of the update run can be variable. It would be to much work to have someone monitor this job and then update the server file to facilitate client updates. I guess these particular updates are to frequent and not typical for a most automatic updating systems.

We do however like the product and are seriously considering it for support of other applications that would need less updating. Thanks again.

Brett
01-24-2003, 10:10 AM
You do bring up some good points. We will certainly look at ways to make the process more approachable from a batch process in the future. Thanks for the input. Let me know if you have any other questions.