• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RichardC
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2002

Evaluation Assistance Needed - Urgent

Hello,

I am currently charged with evaluating whether or not we will incorporate TrueUpdate into our product. As such, I must produce a working prototype in the next two days. The client displays the following message:

Log:
    Could not download update information.

Update information file #1
    Invalid file type.
    Possible causes:

1. You are not connected to the Internet. Please connect to the Internet and try again.

2. The Internet server that you are trying to connect to is not available at this time. Please try again later.

Update information file #2
    Invalid file type.
    Possible causes:

1. You are not connected to the Internet. Please connect to the Internet and try again.

2. The Internet server that you are trying to connect to is not available at this time. Please try again later.

This message won't make any sense to the end-user as connecting to the internet server does not seem to be the issue at all.

I was able to capture the following debug information from the client:

Checking server file location condition
    Condition not specified
    Trying location...
    Downloading file
    Download successful
    START: Checking for client update file
    Downloading client update file: "xxxxx/clientupdate.ini" -> "C:\DOCUME~1\USER\LOCALS~1\Temp\tuclient.ini"
    Download failed: The Server failed to connect on the data port.
    END: Checking for client update file
    Copying downloaded file from "C:\DOCUME~1\USER\LOCALS~1\Temp\setup.exe" to "C:\DOCUME~1\USER\LOCALS~1\Temp\iru4A.tmp"
    Copy successful - deleting temporary file
    START: Reading Server File
    Decrypting to C:\DOCUME~1\USER\LOCALS~1\Temp\iru4D.tmp
    Decryption successful
    Extracting
    Extraction successful
    Reading file: C:\DOCUME~1\USER\LOCALS~1\Temp\updateinfo.dat
    Failed to open file
    Deleting temporary files
    Server file read failed
    END: Reading Server File
    Location failed
    SET VARIABLE: %SFUsedIndex% = 0
    END: Get Server File
    END: Check for Update screen

START: Update Failed screen
    Displaying Update Failed screen
    END: Update Failed screen
    END: Wizard interface
    END: UPDATE PROCESS
    Closing client

It seems that the updateinfo.dat is missing. Is this normal? I see the benefit of using this product rather than developing this ourselves, but if I can't show a prove of concept, I doubt my boss will approve the purchase of TrueUpdate. Please help!!! Any support is greatly appreciated!!
  • Darryl
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • Jul 2001

Re: Evaluation Assistance Needed - Urgent

From your post and performing some tests, it appears that you may be pointing the client file to an executable instead of the TrueUpdate server file *.tup. That is something that you should initially check. If you are still having problems, please email [email protected] and include your client and server project files so we can see exactly what your design is.

Comment

• RichardC
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2002

Re: Evaluation Assistance Needed - No longer needed

The debugging tools are great and I was able to determine what the problem was. My problem turned out to be that when I published the server file, the file extension of .uif was dropped. This was the root of my problem. This product is cool!!!

Comment

Working...
      X