• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrik
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2002

Problem with clients firewalls

I’m experiencing a lot of trouble with clients that are behind a firewall when using TU.

Does anyone have any solutions on how to resolve this problem?
  • Brett
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • Jan 2000

Re: Problem with clients firewalls

It really depends on what type of problems the client experiencing. What type of access is causing the problem FTP or HTTP?

It may be that the client's firewall is blocking unrecognized programs from accessing the Next, that could be a problem. As well, make sure they have their proxy settings configured correctly, if applicable.

In short, the client should talk to the network administrator to find out what is going on. Most firewalls keep a log of rejected requests, etc. so that might help track down the problem.

- Brett

Comment

• Patrik
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2002

That's more or less what I did (put warnings of possible firewall).

But does anyone now a sertain way of detecting a firewall?

What I have done so far is that I use the action to detect if the computer is connected to the net. If it's not I post a message telling the user that it can eather depend on a firewall or just that he is not connected.

So is there a better way to be sure its a firewall?

/Patrik

Comment

• Brett
        Indigo Rose Staff Member
        • Jan 2000

No. That is the thing about firewalls - they are pretty stealthy. They are supposed to be. If a program could detect the firewall, it would make it easier to hack it (for those who are so inclined).

- Brett

Comment

Working...
        X