Uninstallers keeps crashing, here's why (fix plz)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marker0077
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2002

Uninstallers keeps crashing, here's why (fix plz)

If you make an installer, install it, then install it again (without uninstalling), the next time you compile an installer, the uninstaller for the installer that was just compiled will crash.
  • Darryl
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • Jul 2001

Re: Uninstallers keeps crashing, here's why (fix plz)

Please email our support department with the details of your problem (contents of your uninstall) so we can look into the issue deeper. I have personally never come across this problem before, so it may be something a little more specific that is causing the problem.

Comment

• Marker0077
      Forum Member
      • Sep 2002

Re: Uninstallers keeps crashing, here's why (fix plz)

What is the support departments email addy? [email protected]?

I think I was mistaken about what was causing this problem. The fact that I had installed without uninstalling was probably just a coincedence.

The real problem that was causing the uninstaller to crash was storing a text format file (a little over 11kb) in a single variable. This file is a configuration file & I am giving the option to save previous configuration upon install.

The installer itself was able to use the file stored in this variable without any problems. It was the uninstaller that was having the problems only.

Since the problem that was causing the uninstaller to change has changed, I'm not sure if you still want me to send this into support or not. Either way, I thought I would give you guys a heads up. Thanks for your time.

Comment

Working...
      X