• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joe Sloppy
    Forum Member
    • May 2001

What if they hit Cancel? HELP

Hello, I dont know if this is a simple question or not, probably is though since I just started experimenting with variables.

FOR EXAMPLE: Just to experiment I want to make a little quiz with yes and no questions and also answers you would enter manually, on the answers you enter manually, I understand to assign a varible equaling the answer under whatever I want the action to be when they CLICK OK, but my problem is How can I assign a variable to CANCEL if they click that.

In other words if you didnt understand that, then maybe in simpler words, with a GET INFO BOX, entering info and clicking OK will be followed by whatever actions assigned to the variable, but clicking CANCEL will exit out. I dont want that, I want cancel to be a variable that can do actions also, IS IT POSSIBLE or Any other ideas?

• Adam
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • May 2000

Re: What if they hit Cancel? HELP

Joe,

What you can do is set your variable to "cancel" for example before the get info box is fired. Then if the user hits cancel the variable is set to cancel. This is not a standard way of doing things but it is a descent workaround.

------------------
    Adam Kapilik
    Indigo Rose Corporation

Comment

• Joe Sloppy
      Forum Member
      • May 2001

Thanks Adam,

Great Job, I simply did just that, assigned a variable before the INFO BOX to say 'The question was skipped' or fire another action if that varible wasn't changed by the user entering the required INFO.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP AGAIN.

Originally posted by Adam:
      Joe,

What you can do is set your variable to "cancel" for example before the get info box is fired. Then if the user hits cancel the variable is set to cancel. This is not a standard way of doing things but it is a descent workaround.

Comment

• BigFart
        Forum Member
        • Oct 2002

Hi, I have a hard time on "Get Info" in AMS3, so I found this discussion on the bottom, but I can't really understand it. What I want is to get the "Cancel" buttom in GET INFO to work without saying something like "%open% The specified file was not found." Can anyone explain more clearly on the part below and if anyone have an idea, please tell me. Thank You

EXPLAIN THIS MORE CLEARLY:
        Poster: Adam
        Subject: Re: What if they hit Cancel? HELP

Joe,

------------------
        Adam Kapilik
        Indigo Rose Corporation

Comment

Working...
        X