• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SideDoor
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2003

iun6002.exe stay forever?

When someone installs software I have packaged with with SUP6, it places iun6002.exe in their windows directory. When they uninstall the software, iun6002.exe remains. To remove it, do I need to attach a note telling them to manually remove it?
  • Colin
    President
    • Jan 2000

Re: iun6002.exe stay forever?

That file may or may not be removed on system reboot. It is a shared uninstaller file, so if other programs are using it, it will not be removed. If no other program is using it, it is marked to be deleted upon system reboot.

Comment

• SideDoor
      Forum Member
      • Sep 2003

Appreciate the quick response. Course I have followup questions, (dang users). Do installers by companies other than IndigoRose use iun6002.exe? Am I right in assuming that if iun6002.exe isn't on machine before my SUF packaged files are installed, and no other installations take place before my files are uninstalled, that iun6002.exe should delete on reboot?

Comment

• Colin
        President
        • Jan 2000

That file is specific to installers/uninstallers created using Setup Factory 6.0. So, you're correct that
        if your application installer was the only one to use SUF6, then it would be deleted on reboot after the uninstall completes.

In practice though, there are tens of millions of installers out there that were created with Setup Factory 6.0, so it's a decent chance that your app won't be the only one relying on our uninstaller.

Comment

• SideDoor
          Forum Member
          • Sep 2003

Thank you for the information. When I received such a quick response to my inquiry I was surprised to see the responder was not the current moderator. Therefore I checked the profile for Colin and I was MORE suprised to see my responder was the President of Indigo Rose! As I continue to evaluate Setup Factory I will keep this excellent user support in mind. :

Comment

• hsdurbin
            Forum Member
            • May 2006

iun6002.exe stay forever?

Did this program come with Fox Fire? Possibly? My virus scan found a virus in this program for the first time this morning May 27, 2006, I have had Fox Fire longer than that. Can I safely remove the program without messing up my computer ? Please let me know I do not like viruses. Thanks, hsdurbin.

Comment

Working...
            X