Is it possible to create my own screens.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Khlopov
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2003

Is it possible to create my own screens.

In our company there is a standard for setup screens. Is there smth. like screen builder where i can create my own scree. e.g. I'd Like to have Licence agreement with size banner. And btw when Russian screens will be available?
    Thank You In Advance.
  • Darryl
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • Jul 2001

Re: Is it possible to create my own screens.

No, I'm sorry, currently there is no way to create custom screens in Setup Factory, however it's currently part of our suggestions database for future consideration. I cannot say when Russian screens will be available, however you can certainly create different language versions of the screens if you wish. To do this you can do the following:

First go to the location you installed Setup Factory, such as:

C:\Program Files\Setup Factory 6.0\Screens\English

In the "Screens" folder you will need to create a folder called "Russian", or whatever language you wish to create.

In the English folder you will see a .dat file and an .INI file for each screen. To create the .DAT file(the screen data file), you would go to DESIGN->SCREENS
    Then open an English screen.
    Translate all of the text, except for the variables and also modify the screen language condition to be 24 (the language ID for Russian).
    Once you have completed this, you want to export that screen. When you are on the main screens dialog, you will see a button on the lower right hand side entitled "Advanced Operations". If you click that button, you will be given the option "Export Screen". You will want to export that modified screen to the "Russian" directory that you have created.

If you like you can make a copy of the .INI file that is associated to that screen and translate that as well, however that information is only for the design environment messages, so it is up to you if you would like to modify that information as well.

Hope that helps.

Comment

• Khlopov
      Forum Member
      • Aug 2003

Re: Is it possible to create my own screens.

OK Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X