• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tawi
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2002

Folders, variables and wildcards?

Hi,

is it possible to do the following with setup factory?

(This still belongs to my problem some days ago)

I want to search for some folders which are all subfolders of one special folder. Because I can't know the subfolders' names I would like to take every subfolder and store its path in a variable which is named %location_subfolder_name_count%. (It might be possible that there are 17 subfolders maximum).
    I don't know how to do this with setup factory or if it is possible with SFs functions/actions.
    The problem is that I need the concrete subfolders because later in my setup I have to use the subfolders path for copying files there....

Thank you in advance,

tawi
  • Darryl
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • Jul 2001

Re: Folders, variables and wildcards?

No, this is not directly possible with Setup Factory. I'm not really sure if it's possible to accomplish it at all, however the only thing that I could think of was to first perform a Search for File action (recursing subfolders) to get all files within the root directory (and subdirectories). The results of those file paths will contain the directories. So the directories are there. I guess then you would need to parse up all of those paths, get rid of the duplicates to create a new list. I suspect that it won't be easy, but it may be possible.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
    X