What if they hit cancel during installation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marker0077
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2002

What if they hit cancel during installation?

Basically it just stops what it's doing, well what about the stuff it might have already installed? My installer installs stuff to the temp directory, etc; etc. Is there way to do a list of actions on a cancel?
  • Darryl
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • Jul 2001

Re: What if they hit cancel during installation?

No, I'm sorry, there is no way to detect whether the user cancelled the installation.

One thing you may want to try is wrapping your installation with another that launches it. You could then maybe write out a value to an INI file, or the Registry in your wrapper install and then in your main install inside, modify that value at the end. When it comes back to the wrapper install, you could check to see if that value was modified and if it wasn't you would assume that the user cancelled and some cleanup needs to take place.

I don't know if that would work or not, but something to think about.

Comment

• Marker0077
      Forum Member
      • Sep 2002

Seems a little unneccessarry though, don't you think? Perhaps I should suggestion a "Cancel" folder tab for actions?

Comment

• Darryl
        Indigo Rose Staff Member
        • Jul 2001

Yes, it would certainly be a valuable feature, and is currently in the suggestions database for consideration for the future.

Comment

Working...
        X