• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Wellman
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Feb 2001

Unattended build

I'm trying to use the unattended build option and cannot get the values in my ".ini" file to be used within the project. I cannot seem to get SUF to pickup the values from the ".ini" file.

If I code the required values on the "Design time constants" tab then everything is ok. If I remove the values from there then the project builds as if the variables were never coded. If I add the variables on this tab but give them 'dummy' values (hoping the .ini file values will over-ride them) then the project gets built using the 'dummy' values.

I've searched the forum and other people seem to be doing ok, so I'm probably doing something wrong. Any ideas of common mistakes in this area ?

I've checked that I've coded the variable names correctly.
    My ".ini" file consists of;
    [Constants]
    #BUILDNUMBER#=221
    #BUILDTYPE#=B
    #SETUPPREFIX#=setup
    #PUBLICBUILD#=Y

To me this looks to be the same format as the example in the User's guide.

I'm running SUF 6.0.1.2.

Cheers,
    Dave
  • Darryl
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • Jul 2001

Re: Unattended build

How are you performing the command for the unattended build (What string are you putting in the Run prompt?)

If your paths have spaces make sure you have quotes around the paths, that may be the problem. If you copy and paste the prompt you are using we could see if it is the correct format or not.

Comment

• David Wellman
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Feb 2001

Hi Darryl,

Thanks for getting back to me. As shown below, there is no path info for either the project file or the ini file.

The full prompt is (coded on a single line):
      C:\Program Files\Setup Factory 6.0\Suf60design.exe build221.sf6 /B:vepublic.ini /M

The project file and my ini file are in the current directory when I issue this command.

The project file gets picked up because I can see it being processed.

The "/M" option is being processed because the SUF environment gets minimised.

Any ideas ?

Cheers,
      Dave

Comment

• Darryl
        Indigo Rose Staff Member
        • Jul 2001

You'll definitely need the full path to the INI file. I believe that will solve your problem. I don't believe that feature was designed to use the current working directory for the Setup Factory design environment as far as the INI file goes.

Comment

• David Wellman
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Feb 2001

Darryl,

Many thanks for that, the build process now reads my INI file and picks up the variable values.

next stage:
          1) (rhetorical question) why doesn't SUF use "current directory" for the INI file ? (it does for the .SF6 file !) - sounds somewhat bizarre to me ! I will add a entry to the 'requested features' board.

2) (serious question) Using this feature can I change the "Output file segment size" option ? For my setup, I have to offer users the choice of either a single install file ("Largets Possible") or floppy disk sized segments ("1.44 MB Floppy").

Cheers,
          Dave

Comment

• Darryl
            Indigo Rose Staff Member
            • Jul 2001

Question #2)
            No, I'm sorry it's not possible to change the output segment size using the unattended build option. However I will add your suggestion to our database for consideration in the future.

Comment

Working...
            X