Any way to grab source and destination file locations from a text file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • igough
    Forum Member
    • May 2003

Any way to grab source and destination file locations from a text file?

Hi,

I am attempting to automate our SW packaging process a little bit more and make it less prone to forgetting to add or remove a file in the SUF project during the development cycle. To do this, I could set up a staging area where all of the files for the installation get put by our automated build. I can then write scripts to construct a file that contains the source and destinations for each of the files. Ideally, I would like to be able to get SetupFactory to use this file directly instead of manually adding the files into the SUF Archive pane.

Does anybody know if SUF allows importing a file list somehow and if so, where I can find the format that it expects. I took a look at the .sf6 project file, but it looks like a binary file and I would prefer not to have to reverse engineer its format it in order to automatically generate the sf6 file.

Ian
  • Darryl
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • Jul 2001

Re: Any way to grab source and destination file locations from a text file?

No, I'm sorry, it's currently not possible to add files to a project outside of the design environment. However this feature is definitely something we will be looking at for version 7.0.

Comment

Working...
    X