• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Red Earth
    Forum Member
    • Apr 2001

Newbie Question - MP3 CD

Hi Guys,
    I've searched the forum to see whether this has been asked before and i'm pretty sure it's not but sorry if it has. I'm trying to make a CD with several MP3 albums that will play without any references to any drive , other than the CD-ROM drive ofcoarse (so that it can be run from a network workstation). I've managed to sucessfully create a front page listing the albums and links from there to other pages with the track listings. At the bottom of the track listing page is a button to play that particular album.
    With me so far? Good.......the play button links to an external playlist, which was created with CoolPlayer and is asociated with it. The idea being that by opening the playlist the tracks will play in order and allow the whole album to be played with one click. The whole thing works fine in preview but when i build, burn and run the CD the menu works but the playlists won't open CoolPlayer. It seems they are asociated with the CoolPlayer in c:\VirtualCD . I assume this because if i run the CD with c:\VirtualCD in tact it works fine (apart from running from the Hard Drive :-)) but if i rename to c:\CDVirtual (for example) the whole thing doesn't work. I get an open error with the following message;

E:\Cool\Playlist1.m3u
    The specified file was not found

I realise this isn't necessarily a AutoPlay question/problem but has anyone else tried a similar project or has any ideas of how to solve it?

Thanks in Advance

Red Earth
  • Mark
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • Jun 2000

Re: Newbie Question - MP3 CD

Hi,
    Try reading this knowledge base article: http://www.indigorose.com/kb/BuildingAndPreviewing.pdf it should help explain this process to you.

mark.
    MSI Factory The Next Generation Intelligent Setup Builder

Comment

• Red Earth
      Forum Member
      • Apr 2001

Thanks Mark but i've already had a look at that document and i've done everything is says (atleast i think i have). I'll give it another read.

Thanks

Comment

• Mark
        Indigo Rose Staff Member
        • Jun 2000

Hi,
        Is the E:\ drive your CD-ROM drive? The drive that your AutoPlay Menu is being executed on? Does the file "Playlist1.m3u" exist in this path on the CD-ROM: "E:\Cool\Playlist1.m3u"?
        Are you including CoolPlayer on your CD-ROM? Have you tried executing "CoolPlayer" using an EXECUTE PROGRAM action, and then passing it the full path to "Playlist1.m3u" in the Arguments field?

mark.

Comment

• Red Earth
          Forum Member
          • Apr 2001

E drive is the Cd-rom drive and yes the playlist is in the correct directory. Cool Player is on the cd (i've now read the building instructions twice :¬]) but i've not tried executing CoolPlayer with arguments. I'm not quite sure what you mean.......something like this:

On Mouse Click : %ScrDrv%\Cool\CoolPlayer.exe
          Argument : %ScrDrv%\Cool\Playlist1.m3u

Cheers

[This message has been edited by Red Earth (edited 04-23-2001).]

Comment

• Mark
            Indigo Rose Staff Member
            • Jun 2000

Hi,
            Yes that is exactly how you would pass your playlist as an argument. Do this work or do you still get errors?
            I'm slightly concerned about your other problem though, so "Playlist1.m3u" exists in "E:\Cool\Playlist1.m3u" but you still get an error saying that the file cannot be found in that directory?

mark.

Comment

• Riku
              Forum Member
              • Apr 2001

Originally posted by Red Earth:
              Hi Guys,
              I've searched the forum to see whether this has been asked before and i'm pretty sure it's not but sorry if it has. I'm trying to make a CD with several MP3 albums that will play without any references to any drive , other than the CD-ROM drive ofcoarse (so that it can be run from a network workstation). I've managed to sucessfully create a front page listing the albums and links from there to other pages with the track listings. At the bottom of the track listing page is a button to play that particular album.
              With me so far? Good.......the play button links to an external playlist, which was created with CoolPlayer and is asociated with it. The idea being that by opening the playlist the tracks will play in order and allow the whole album to be played with one click. The whole thing works fine in preview but when i build, burn and run the CD the menu works but the playlists won't open CoolPlayer. It seems they are asociated with the CoolPlayer in c:\VirtualCD . I assume this because if i run the CD with c:\VirtualCD in tact it works fine (apart from running from the Hard Drive :-)) but if i rename to c:\CDVirtual (for example) the whole thing doesn't work. I get an open error with the following message;

E:\Cool\Playlist1.m3u
              The specified file was not found

I realise this isn't necessarily a AutoPlay question/problem but has anyone else tried a similar project or has any ideas of how to solve it?

Thanks in Advance

Red Earth
              Hi Red Earth, maybe you can try this:

go to actions tab
              select execute program
              Fill name: %SrcDrvc%\Cool\Coolplayer.exe
              Arguments: anyname.m3u (fill in your playlist name)
              Working Dir: %SrcDrv%\Cool

Be sure that the anyname.m3u is in the same directory as coolpayer.exe and I hope this will do the trick. It works fine for me.

Comment

• Red Earth
                Forum Member
                • Apr 2001

Cheers for the reply Mark......i tried what you suggested and it still didn't work.

I'll try your suggestion asap Riku....Thanks in advance!

Cheers

Comment

• Red Earth
                  Forum Member
                  • Apr 2001

I've just tried your suggestions Riku and although the error message has gone and CoolPlayer will open and the playlist will play, if i rename the C:\VirtualCD directory, CoolPlayer will load form the CD but the playlist will not be loaded. To me it seems that it's the playlist that's refering to the files on the C drive.

What player are you using Riku?

Has anyone else any ideas on what player to use?

Cheers

Comment

• Red Earth
                    Forum Member
                    • Apr 2001

Is bumping allowed on these boards?

Cheers

Comment

• Lorne
                      Indigo Rose Staff Member
                      • Feb 2001

It sounds like the problem is with the playlists themselves.

I'm not familiar with the playlists CoolPlayer creates, but if they're like the .m3u files created by WinAmp, they will be plain ASCII text files. You should be able to open them in a text editor and see the paths to the song files in the list.

Here's an example from one of my .m3u files here at work:

#EXTINF:227,BT Feat M. Doughty - Never Gonna Come Back Down
                      Music\09 BT ft. M. Doughty - Never Gonna Come Back.mp3

The paths to the song files in your CoolPlayer playlists might be referring to c:\VirtualCD instead of referring to relative paths like Music\ (or whatever directory you have the song files in on your CD).

--[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

• Riku
                        Forum Member
                        • Apr 2001

Originally posted by Red Earth:
                        I've just tried your suggestions Riku and although the error message has gone and CoolPlayer will open and the playlist will play, if i rename the C:\VirtualCD directory, CoolPlayer will load form the CD but the playlist will not be loaded. To me it seems that it's the playlist that's refering to the files on the C drive.

What player are you using Riku?

Has anyone else any ideas on what player to use?

Cheers
                        Hi Red Earth, i also use the coolplayer. Be sure that you make the playlist with the coolplayer you put in the virtual folder for use on the cd-rom and not the one which already is installed on the C-drive(that is if you have coolplayer already installed on your computer).

Comment

• Red Earth
                          Forum Member
                          • Apr 2001

Thanks Guys, i'll try it as soon as i get these pesky exams out the way :-)

Cheers

Comment

• nopal
                            Forum Member
                            • Jul 2003

RIKU,what version of coolplayer do you use?

Comment

• nopal
                              Forum Member
                              • Jul 2003

If you want execute a playlist(m3u) with a programme external of AMS4, I think I have the answer,I try a lot of cdplayers and I put the same action in the AMS4 and only work the next programmes:

Coolplayer 1.0 (the following version 2.0,2.14 don´t run the playlist)

Also XMPLAY execute the playlist.This programme in any version but you have problem of configuration in this programme

With WInamp, JETAUDIO... don´t work and I put the same action that in the coolplayer.I don´t know Why AMS4 execute
                              well the coolplayer or XMPLAY and the winamp or JETAUDIO only start the programme and don´t read the m3u.

And I think it´s the same where you put the m3u, in the root, in a folder.

Comment

Working...
                              X