PDA

View Full Version : CD Keys

Matthew Walters
03-19-2001, 08:53 AM
Is it possible to include the CD key entered by a user in a mailto: command?

eg: mailto:CDTeam@MyCo.Com?Subject=Help Key=%Key%

I'm creating a CD for internal use only - if somebody gives it out, then i get a support mail, I'd like to track down who issued it!

Thanks

Matthew Walters

Mark
03-19-2001, 03:01 PM
Hi,
The subject part of the mailto command is very software dependant. On my machine I pasted your action into an OPEN URL action, and when I tested it, the subject displayed properly. But I know, from talking to other users, that the subject does not always display properly. In fact I believe that some e-mail program will not accept the subject command at all, regardless if it is from AutoPlay or Internet Explorer.

mark.

Matthew Walters
03-20-2001, 02:53 AM
Thanks Mark. The ?Subject= bit works ok, using MS Outlook - it's the ability to include the CD key / password generated by AutoPlay and entered by the user that i want to export. Is there an internal variable name to store the key the user has entered, without having to resort to a second message box (eg 'Confirm CD Key')?

Thanks

Matthew Walters

Mark
03-20-2001, 12:01 PM
Hi,
Sorry I misunderstood your question, the password that the user enters in a GET PASSWROD dialog is not saved in a variable. So you will have, as you said, create a second GET INFO dialog to save this information in a variable.

mark.