• Show
Clear All
  • gefore
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2009

FREE: iNetwork Action Plugin

Plugin iNetwork performs three functions are:

1. iNetwork.Conncet ()
    Connect with your computer by IP address.
    2. iNetwork.IsLocal ()
    Checks the computer is connected to the LAN.
    3. iNetwork.FileUpLoad ()
    Downloads a file on the server.
    Attached Files
  • Centauri Soldier
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by gefore View Post
    Plugin iNetwork performs three functions are:

1. iNetwork.Conncet ()
    Connect with your computer by IP address.
    2. iNetwork.IsLocal ()
    Checks the computer is connected to the LAN.
    Are you serious? This is a basic AMS funciton...you just wrapped it.
    And this is also an AMS function.

So ~ 33.3% of your plugin is not native to AMS which means that ~ 66.6% of your plugin is uselessly-wrapped AMS functions...what's the point dude? Would you please stop flooding our forums with your junk, VIP?
    Last edited by Centauri Soldier; 12-16-2009, 08:17 PM.
    https://github.com/CentauriSoldier

Comment

• gefore
      Forum Member
      • Nov 2009

Visual Basik

I do not understand. In a plugin iNetwork planted a program that is written in Visual Basik.

Comment

• sim
        No longer a forum member
        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by gefore View Post
        I do not understand. In a plugin iNetwork planted a program that is written in Visual Basik.
        If you made this in VB then your inlcuding the script plugin was pointless as the AMS already is able to do most of if not all these functions with its built in actions.

You should of read the help file and the forum before building this plugin hope you bare this in mind for next time, if there is a next time.

Simply Rex

Comment

• sim
          No longer a forum member
          • Nov 2009

I am sorry I was wrong this user do not run a simple VB script on your computer, No hes build Visual Studio 2008 Project that saves in your teams
          with no delete after use function so he clutters up your drive lol, I really don't
          think users will want to include a exe for checking there nextwork.

Simply Rex

Comment

• MicroByte
            Forum Member
            • Apr 2009

a network plugin with 3 functions ???

i see you guys are also getting "deja vu"

you know, i have lots of useless-crap ideas, but somehow my brain manages to tell my hands to not write the code and do something useful instead

yesterday, a plugin was posted in this forum that could change the face of AMS (literally) and users still go on wrapping existing functions in useless plugins

you know you can now wrap any windows function, add objects, subclass the objects and have true custom/user drawn objects (custom listbox, combo etc)

and then theres winsocks, if you want to write a network plugin then go straight to the source

i wouldent even use a plugin written in VB, i don't like dependencies!!

Comment

• Centauri Soldier
              Indigo Rose Customer
              • Jun 2007

Originally posted by MicroByte View Post
              a network plugin with 3 functions ???

i see you guys are also getting "deja vu"

you know, i have lots of useless-crap ideas, but somehow my brain manages to tell my hands to not write the code and do something useful instead

yesterday, a plugin was posted in this forum that could change the face of AMS (literally) and users still go on wrapping existing functions in useless plugins

you know you can now wrap any windows function, add objects, subclass the objects and have true custom/user drawn objects (custom listbox, combo etc)

and then theres winsocks, if you want to write a network plugin then go straight to the source

i wouldent even use a plugin written in VB, i don't like dependencies!!
              I was reading about that memory plugin but it's still beyond my skills. It sounds fascinating though. It would be nice to see a few examples of these custom objects so I could build my own from there.

And yes this is a shameless thread hi-jack. This thread wasn't worth the server space it occupied.

Comment

• MicroByte
                Forum Member
                • Apr 2009

check my last thread, its not an object, but it shows simple use of the plugin and some API, i'll work on more!

as for objects, its all in "CreateWindowEx", DO NOT try and research the whole dam function, the arguments are immense, concentrate only on the arguments that applie to the object you are working with,

theres lots of support functions needed i think, to simplify the process of calling API functions, maybe WinAPI and Memory plugin can work well together, haven't tested it yet but i see no reason why it wont work

Comment

• jassing
                  Indigo Rose Customer
                  • Jan 2001

I love this "function" -- "FileUpload" to Download.. Nice. If it's a network; can you just use File.Copy?

Comment

• Worm
                    Indigo Rose Customer
                    • Jul 2002

Geez!!!!

Within 3 posts 'gefore' is already trying to share with the community. Maybe the code or functions aren't up to your level, but I'm sure the nice warm welcome is very much appreciated.

We tend to talk about how the forum has turned from what it used to be, maybe we should all start looking in the mirror.

Tis the Season

Comment

• Centauri Soldier
                      Indigo Rose Customer
                      • Jun 2007

Worm, gefore is just VIP up to his old tricks again. If you he wasn't such a troll then we probably give him help and pointers but all he ever does is post crap. He never associates with anyone and he's known for stealing people's code. How does a person befriend someone like that regardless of the season?

Comment

• jassing
                        Indigo Rose Customer
                        • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Worm View Post
                        Geez!!!!

Within 3 posts 'gefore' is already trying to share with the community. Maybe the code or functions aren't up to your level, but I'm sure the nice warm welcome is very much appreciated.

We tend to talk about how the forum has turned from what it used to be, maybe we should all start looking in the mirror.

Tis the Season
                        It's the who & what he is that bugs me. And again; I for one; won't download anything compiled/binary rom a "new" person that hasn't earned respect.. this guy is so in the negative that I'm amazedanyone downloads his stuff. Especially since he's just wrapping either 1 or 2 lines of lua into a "function" or using someone else's code.

I've gotten jaded here rather quickly... :(

Comment

• infinityscape
                          Forum Member
                          • Nov 2009

im not having a go, just a question why is the function called iNetwork.FileUpLoad when your downloading a file

Comment

• Imagine Programming
                            Indigo Rose Customer
                            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by infinityscape View Post
                            im not having a go, just a question why is the function called iNetwork.FileUpLoad when your downloading a file
                            I think he just mis-spelled that, and meant 'Uploads a file on the server'
                            Nice effort, but I rather not give it a go, this can all be done with native AMS functions.
                            Bas Groothedde
                            Imagine Programming :: Blog

AMS8 Plugins
                            IMXLH Compiler

Comment

• infinityscape
                              Forum Member
                              • Nov 2009

i have to agree with imagine programming buddy as im afraid hes right

Comment

Working...
                              X