View Full Version : FREE: ScrollBar Object Plugin

reteset
08-23-2009, 09:54 AM
Scrollbar object plugin is an AMS object plugin
It is a very similar plugin with (build-in) Slider object
Except a few differences

Version : 1.0.0.0

Licence : DonationWare

DonationWare Means : you can use this plugin without any limitation in any way you desire ,
and if you like this plugin and think it deserves a donation then ,
you can make a donation to help development of this plugin and for see new free plugins here

Features:

There are 4 actions to control scrollbar object

There is one event to receive scroll events from object

Plugin supports various border styles

Plugin supports vertical and horizontal scrollbar styles

Make a Donation Through PayPal : Click Here (https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=reteset%40hotmail%2ecom&item_name=Plugin%20Donations&item_number=8&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD&lc=US&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF&charset=UTF%2d8)

ScreenShot : Click here (http://www.amsplugins.com/screenshots/ScrollBar1.jpg)

Download : Click Here (http://www.amsplugins.com/details.asp?ID=85&CID=2)

ShadowUK
08-23-2009, 10:15 AM
Thanks for this one. I see various places where this would come in useful.

Centauri Soldier
08-23-2009, 10:43 AM
Thanks so much, Reteset. Nice job. :D:yes
I can use this in my current project...

reteset
08-23-2009, 12:07 PM
Here is an example that shows how to scroll an AMS page through scrollbar plugin

it also shows how Page property works

this method can be applied with other AMS parts yet this method gives a native look to your application

ShadowUK
08-23-2009, 12:20 PM
Here is an example that shows how to scroll an AMS page through scrollbar plugin

it also shows how Page property works

this method can be applied with other AMS parts yet this method gives a native look to your application

You could have used Group Action Plugin there. :p

Imagine Programming
08-23-2009, 05:17 PM
Thank you very much, another great plugin.

If dermot reads this, thank you too mate :yes
I noticed you in the about dialog :p

Centauri Soldier
08-23-2009, 08:43 PM
Thank you very much, another great plugin.

If dermot reads this, thank you too mate :yes
I noticed you in the about dialog :p

Yeah, I just saw that too. Thanks as well, Dermot.

Intrigued
08-23-2009, 09:03 PM
Thanks reteset.

AMSWaves
08-25-2009, 05:23 PM
thanks reteset this is realy useful, thanks.

Kenster18
09-16-2009, 06:04 PM
Is the scrollbar plugin still available? I have tried a couple of times to download and keep getting an internal server error. Any suggestions where I can get the plugin in from. Thanks

Kenster

Centauri Soldier
09-16-2009, 08:48 PM
The site seems to be unresponsive...here's the plugin.

rexzooly
09-17-2009, 08:04 AM
The site seems to be unresponsive...here's the plugin.

Thank CS :yes

Kenster18
09-17-2009, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the plugin download, I got it loaded into the objects folder pretty painlessly. I have included it on a page but how do I set the size of the slider. Everytime I preview it, the scroll bar and slider are the same size as the page resulting in no scroll bar effect at all. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Kenster

Kenster18
09-17-2009, 10:26 AM
Sorry for the confusion, I was able to figure the scrollbar resize question, but more specifically, how do I actually set the scroll bar to scroll down a page. I can move the scrollbar down but the page never moves. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again.

Kenster

Dermot
09-17-2009, 10:53 AM
Sorry for the confusion, I was able to figure the scrollbar resize question, but more specifically, how do I actually set the scroll bar to scroll down a page. I can move the scrollbar down but the page never moves. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again.

Kenster
AMS pages do not scroll. You have to fake it by moving objects up or down. It's not going to happen automatically when you put a scrollbar plugin on the page. Take 2 minutes and look at the example project Reteset posted above.

reteset
09-17-2009, 10:56 AM

Kenster
it does not move page
it just geneates some events and you should move your objects through these
event arguments

you can view simple example here (http://www.indigorose.com/forums/showpost.php?p=142614&postcount=4)

http 500 error was a temporary problem ,and site is working well now

Kenster18
09-17-2009, 11:58 AM
Thanks Dermot, that makes sense now.

BTW, why aren't AMS pages able to scroll instead of fixed, as they are now?

Tirkic
09-19-2009, 12:56 PM
tnxx man!!!!

irix
01-18-2010, 11:27 AM
Can this be used to scroll within a paragraph too? I need some scrolling action, but the scrollbar is way too small (touchscreen, big fingers ;) )

reteset
01-26-2010, 03:40 AM
after a quick test , when you disable paragraph scrollbars ,
GetScrollRange,SetScrollPos actions do not work

but pragraph scrollbars are not windowed , those are image based
so you can place anything over them

in this case set vertical scrollbar enabled and place scrollbar object plugin over it

it woks well , see example

irix
01-26-2010, 03:44 AM
Looks like what I need, thanks!
Is there a way to make the scrollbar in another color or does it just take the Windows colors?

reteset
01-26-2010, 03:51 AM
Looks like what I need, thanks!
Is there a way to make the scrollbar in another color or does it just take the Windows colors?

it uses default windows theme , if any , it looks like classic style otherwise
modification is not possible

irix
01-26-2010, 03:58 AM
it uses default windows theme , if any , it looks like classic style otherwise
modification is not possible

Ok, it will be used on a dedicated system which doesn't show Windows so I could just make a custom Windows theme regarding the scrollbars, no problem. Thanks.

janso
01-26-2010, 06:41 AM
This scrollbar plugin is quite ingenious and work as charm. Very nice.

Its also possible to create custom scrollbars by replacing one of the original (For example, the Industrial styled) under the AMS installation: C:\Program Files\AutoPlay Media Studio 7.0\Plugins\Scrollbars

Attached is an example, just replace the original with this. PSD included if changes desired.

Im by the way completely newbie and will thank u all for all the instructive examples you create and share. I do not have much to contribute yet, but maybe at a later time. At this time I just mostly learning about AMS and try out some examples downloaded from this forum.

regards

reteset
06-08-2010, 11:54 AM
ScrollBar Object Plugin Has Been Updated To AutoPlay Media Studio 8

More Details Can Be Found Here (http://www.amsplugins.com/details.asp?ID=85)

milano88
04-25-2012, 05:04 AM
Can this be used to scroll within a listbox too?