• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Branman
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2003

-Please help : send content by e-mail-

Hi everyone,

I'm doing a form in autoplay studio and I want to know if it's possible to create a 'mailto' button that gonna take all the information on the form and send it by e-mail.
    thank a lot
  • CelticDragon
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jun 2003

Re: -Please help : send content by e-mail-

Hi,
    I've done similar and have been having problems with it. I have a lot of questions and the user can fill in a lot of information. Depending on what email system your user is using (Outlook, Express, etc) the mailto commands have a certain length that they can be. Once the text from all the fields has been put into the mailto command, if it's too big, AMS will just tell you it can't find the file, because your email client won't recognise it. A bit of a pain in the sitting area!

I did do something else though, which is save all the answers to a text file which can be sent as an attachment by the user, which kinda defeats the purpose of automating the whole thing.

The other way to do it is to submit to web, but I'm not to au fait with that, will be on here asking stupid questions trying to figure it out no doubt in a few days!

If you can read this, i have yet to write a witty and imaginative signature.... sorry...

Comment

• Corey
      Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
      • Aug 2002

Re: -Please help : send content by e-mail-

Yes, that's correct, mailto is client dependent. For basic info it's reliable but for long messages it isn't. In that case a standard web form in a browser object is a good solution or using a SUBMIT TO WEB action to send the text to a simple email script on your server will work too.

Corey Milner
      Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

Working...
      X