• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • reller
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2003

Need help linking to files

I have read other post looking for the answer to my question with no luck, so here goes....

When opening a file the link works great when I test build, but when I burn the CD I get an error "File not Found." The file is in the Distribution file under another folder. But still no luck. The two files are an adobe and a powerpoint presentation. I am assuming that the programs are installed on the computer not the CD.

Help! Deadline Approaching!
  • Corey
    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
    • Aug 2002

Re: Need help linking to files

Make sure the file links say, %SrcDrv%/yourfile.ext and you should be fine.

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• Lorne
      Indigo Rose Staff Member
      • Feb 2001

You might want to use a backwards slash, though. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

%SrcDrv%\yourfile.ext
      --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

• reller
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2003

I have tried everything still no luck.

The %SrcDrv%\615 Revision 2.pdf does not link. Does it matter that the file is in a folder called Cpdd under Distribution? The error is still saying file not found. But when I go to explorer the file opens fine that is under the distribution/Cpdd/615 Revision 2.pdf. The program is defaulting to %SrcDir%CPDD\615 Revision 2.pdf if I use the explore button in the Action Properties box.

Just to make sure I am not being a big idiot, I am entering this by doble clicking the image/Image Object Properties: Button 1/Action Properties: File - Open/ then entering the above information. The error occurs both when I build and preview.

AHHH!

Comment

Working...
        X