• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Flying Pez
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2009

Startup Movie Problems

I would love it if someone could explain to me exactly how to have a “startup” movie – either .wmv or .avi, or any other of the supported formats slip seamlessly to my main menu after it's done playing. For whatever reason all of my efforts result in errors ( trying to us AS ) or having the movie just freeze on the last frame.

I have search and found that the “fscommand” quit is used for .swf movies but, while I have access to Flash CS4, I am very new to flash and when I try inserting this action in the last frame of the movie that I have imported to a flash time line, I get an error in flash when I try to preview it and, I have also tried importing that movie into AMS and it blinks and skips the movie altogether. All efforst have been tried in preview and Build to disk as well.

At this point, I just want to make a first play or startup video that goes right to my main menu without user intervention ( clicking ) when it is done playing - sounds simple right?. I can make the movie in any format, I'm just having trouble with the code and becoming very frustrated.
    Thanks for any help.
  • holtgrewe
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jul 2002

When loading and playing the video using the video object, use the On Finish tab of the video object to Video.SetVisible("video1", false) - this of course makes the object invisible.
    The video object is still there waiting for another load, setvisible, play sequence. No buttons necessary, you are in total control of whatever you want to do after the video finishes.
    I don't use flash so I can't help you with the flash side of things; but I'm confident the functionality is comparable.

hth

Comment

• Flying Pez
      Forum Member
      • Mar 2009

OK, correct me if I’m wrong but, this approach does not use the “startup movie” option that is under the Project Menu, right? If I don’t use this option, and instead I follow your directions, I need to make a new 1st page, add my video object and set the properties that way.
      At this, point I’ll try anything to get this to work like I need it to. I’ll try this and let you know.
      Just curious, but, does anyone else use the startup movie option in AMS – if so how do you get it to go to your first menu after it is done?

Comment

• longedge
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Aug 2003

I don't use startup movies myself but if you are using an swf then the important thing is to send the fscommand "quit" (must be lowercase) to cover the events where you want the flash file to end.

The attached example sends the fscommand in two scenarios, either on the final frame or on clicking the button.

I've included the fla.

Comment

• Flying Pez
          Forum Member
          • Mar 2009

Yes, that's exectly what I want to do! Your project ( the .apz ) file opened right up and I previewd it just fine - perfect.
          All I need now is to open up the .fla in Flash to see how/where you put the code ( I'm a flash idiot and I'm doing something wrong) so I can make my own .swf work like yours. Is the .fla accessable from within the .apz file you attached ( I don't see it ) ? - I one see one file attached here.
          Thanks a ton!

Comment

• Flying Pez
            Forum Member
            • Mar 2009

Nevermind I see it.
            Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X