• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clueless
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2006

Interface design studio

Hi Guys , ive been away on a much needed holiday. Im looking to have the demo for download on Friday. :yes

• clueless
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2006

Interface Design Studio : in the final stages of testing

Hi guys,i know Ive had a few false starts with this project but it looks like I've finally managed to get everything stable and working.

Some of the new stuff ive added;
    • Most of the forms now contain tabs to reduce screen clutter.
    • There's now much more advanced options for image conversions and multi-frame gif's and tif's.
    • The program will now attempt to fix any broken or damaged buttons
    • The resizing routines now work with images of any size not just ones of even dimensions.
    • The media browser now has an optional file size and file type filter.
    • The GFX system runs 30% faster now
    • Added a properties page which saves as an .ini file. This allows you to control how the program first opens and which windows are displayed.
    • Normal 'loadfile' XP style dialog box with thumbnails.
    • while performing drag n drop operations the cursor switches to an icon that indicates the filetype of the file being dragged and if it contains more than one frame.
    • ive had to set some limits for the size of the buttons that can be used with this program. The Max size a button can be resized to is 280x280 but i will be including a commandline program that will let you resize to larger dimensions if its needed.
    • The resizing routines can be applied to normal images for making form backgrounds ( + the mask needed for creating iregular shaped forms). The max size an image can be resized to in the editor is 800x800.
    • The resizing routines will only work with png's,bmp's and jpg's. Gifs and Tif's will be automatic converted on import and any transparent pixels can be preserved by choosing the png format when prompted.
    • Most of the popup menus now have previews associated with whatever options are available. For example if you drag a transparent gif into the main editor insted of just getting a popup menu asking you which format you would like to convert it to you get a dialogbox showing you what the image will look like if its imported as a png,bmp or jpg (jpg has a quality value to).

A lot of work has gone into making everything as user friendly as possible. For example if you want to add an alpha layer to a bmp image you dont have to worry about converting it to a PNG first as the program will offer to do that for you. This is to reduce the amount of time spent switching between programs while building button files. The program size is just over 1mb but there's a few dll's required that push the size up to 2-3mb.

Im in the final stages of testing now and at the moment everything's working 100%. Ive still got to write the instructions (groan) and work out the best way to go about putting the program out for sale ( any advice is welcome ).
    Ill be making a demo available for download that's restricted to using bmp and jpg image formats only but with no time limit.
    Last edited by clueless; 05-10-2009, 08:38 AM.

Comment

• clueless
      Forum Member
      • Jun 2006

Interface design studio - Finished

Finally this is finished

I have to admit that was a lot more difficult that i had imagined but the end result was worth the effort. Ill be posting the download details very soon.

Comment

• Imagine Programming
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by clueless View Post
        Finally this is finished

I have to admit that was a lot more difficult that i had imagined but the end result was worth the effort. Ill be posting the download details very soon.
        Wow i can't wait, nice :yes
        Bas Groothedde
        Imagine Programming :: Blog

AMS8 Plugins
        IMXLH Compiler

Comment

• clueless
          Forum Member
          • Jun 2006

Ok that took waaay longer to complete than i expected. :lol

Here is a temp link to the beta demo version.

Note : for this program to work you will need internet and registry access.

Comment

• sim
            No longer a forum member
            • Nov 2009

Ok that took waaay longer to complete than i expected. :lol

Here is a temp link to the beta demo version.

Note : for this program to work you will need internet and registry access.
            Dropbox YAY

All that said lol, I am about to give this a look over. Thanks

Simple Sim

Comment

• sim
              No longer a forum member
              • Nov 2009

The program is all compact when I first run it, I have to drag it open to see it is this how its made?

Simple Sim

Comment

• clueless
                Forum Member
                • Jun 2006

You can click 'add' a few times from the toolbar to show the main editor window full size. There are options to set the display size on opening in the main editor window tool bar File>Options.

But i think ill change the default startup mode to be fullsize. Thanx for the input.
                Last edited by clueless; 12-04-2009, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• clueless
                  Forum Member
                  • Jun 2006

The program now starts up in fullsize mode by default. :yes

Comment

• sim
                    No longer a forum member
                    • Nov 2009

You can click 'add' a few times from the toolbar to show the main editor window full size. There are options to set the display size on opening in the main editor window tool bar File>Options.

But i think ill change the default startup mode to be fullsize. Thanx for the input.
                    Not a problem

Simple Sim

Comment

• clueless
                      Forum Member
                      • Jun 2006

Hmm.. im thinking that the whole setup is a bit to complex. Im going to make a cutdown version tonight.

Comment

• reteset
                        Indigo Rose Customer
                        • May 2006

i have tried but could not install that on my windows XP (SP2)

it always says system files out of date
                        it updates files and then reboot it say system files out of date again... again... again....
                        amsplugins.com Is Closed.

Facebook Page

Comment

• clueless
                          Forum Member
                          • Jun 2006

I haven't got a copy of sp2 to hand but ill do a clean install with sp3 and see if i can get it to throw an error.

Comment

• Imagine Programming
                            Indigo Rose Customer
                            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by reteset View Post
                            i have tried but could not install that on my windows XP (SP2)

it always says system files out of date
                            it updates files and then reboot it say system files out of date again... again... again....
                            XP Pro SP3 here, same problem...
                            Bas Groothedde
                            Imagine Programming :: Blog

AMS8 Plugins
                            IMXLH Compiler

Comment

• clueless
                              Forum Member
                              • Jun 2006

Thanks, if two people are getting the same problem it should be easier to track down. With any luck its a common deployment error. Ive just made a cutdown version thats available from the same link as before.

Ive just tried it on a clean install of xp home sp3 (without any updates) on my netbook and apart from 3 warnings of 'destination files in use' it installed and runs ok. It was tested on windows 7 today to.

Do you know which files are giving you trouble?

Comment

Working...
                              X