• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Truth66
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Apr 2008

E-Mailing Content from Inbox

I'm currently putting the finishing touches a version 2.0 of one of my courses and I've decided to try and make it more interactive.
    At the end of the course I have a Role Playing exercise where the user is to assume the role of an inspector and make recommendations to a particular scenario. The user is to type their recommendations in the Inbox field provided. I'm trying to find a way for the user to click onto a button, so that the entire content of what the user has typed into that Inbox is e-mailed to me right from the CD Rom course.
    Obviously there would have to be some script inserted somewhere, but I have no idea of what type of script to use for something like this, or where to specifically put that script. Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Thanks.
  • azmanar
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Oct 2004

Hi,

Try out Dermot's email plugin at www.xdialog.com
    Newbie Examples
    ------> AMS 7.5 : amstudio.azman.info
    ----> AMS 6 & 5: www.azman.info/ams/
    ----> FB: facebook.com/GuideToWealth

----> Content Development Blog: www.AZMAN.asia

Comment

• Ulrich
      Indigo Rose Staff Member
      • Apr 2005

Hello,

you have at least a few alternatives here:
      • As azmanar already replied, you could use a plugin to send email;
      • You could use the built-in function File.OpenEmail() to open the default email client, but depending on the software and version, it might be required to replace all spaces in the message body and in the subject with "%20" (I have posted examples here before);
      • You could place a web object on that page, and embed a web page into your application, where the user fills a form directly on the internet and submits it;
      • You could have a CGI, ASP, PHP script etc. page on your server, where you could send the data the customer typed to, using HTTP.Submit().

I am attaching here a complete solution for this last option, that requires that you have access to a PHP-enabled web server on the internet. You will find a PHP script that will send the email, and a sample project that takes the data from the Input object and submits it to the web server. You will have to change only two things:
      1. You will have to change line 6 in the PHP script and set your email address there. This is where the feedback mail will be sent to.
      2. On line 4 in the On Click action handler of the button in the AMS project, you will have to set the full URL to the PHP script you uploaded.

That's it. No further modification should be required, but of course you may tweak this further to fit your needs. Please note that, if you edit the PHP to allow the user to inform his email or any other info, the script must be hardened against header attacks. In its present version this is not required.

Ulrich
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X