• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Outof
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2009

Volume buttons stay visible/highlited!

I have made a video-/mediaplayer with volume buttons. I have no problems with highlight buttons with mouse-over actions (switching two images-button maker). But if you have a volume control panel like this, It would be natural to actually see the volume status.

For example if the user have set the volume to half (50 %), it would be nice that all the first levelbuttons up to 50% is highlighed, and the next 50 is dark or not highlited. In that way the user know that there is more volume to set, if necessary, or less for that matter, if wanted. How can I do that?

I do not use a slider, but have made 8 buttons (set volume 12,5-25-37,5-50 and so on up to 100).

Thanks for helping me out...
  • Dermot
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Apr 2004

Set the buttons as toggles.
    Dermot

I am so out of here :yes

Comment

• Outof
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2009

Thank you, that sounded easy, but I'm not shure I'm doing it right.

I have experienced a while, and I can't manage to highlight/un-highlight more than the single item/image I'm clicking. If I use the same example, it would be natural when clicking lets say 50% (half of max volume level) that all the above items was highlighted at the same time. Or if i push the "volume 100" button, all items/images highlight. How can I resolve that?

The toggle function made me a step further when working with the mute button as well. Now i can manage to toggle between the "Sound on" button to a "Sound off" button (and set the level to 0 when clicked), but I can't figure out how I can return to the same volume level when clicking one more time. Do you or others have a solution to that as well..?

Thank you very much for helping me out, I really appreciate it...

Comment

Working...
      X