how to open a folder specifying size+position?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • qwerty
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2006

how to open a folder specifying size+position?

Hi all...

i know you can use File.Open to have a folder of your choice opened by windows explorer.

i'd like to know if it was possible to control that a little further, because as it stands that will open a folder at the current users default size setting, even if that is maximised, and i dont want that

what i'd like to do, is open the folder in the top left of the screen, but only fairly small, so is there any way to specify the opening position and size of a folder (opened in explorer ?) and if possible control it's view settings ? (ie. classic view would be good )
  • Imagine Programming
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Apr 2007

You can do a loop and check titles to get the window handle and set the size with Window.SetSize(that_handle, width, height);

I don't know how to set it to classic view, i guess desktop.ini should be working? but i don't know how to configurate it.

File.ExploreFolder will do. Or you could use.

Code:
    function ExploreSelect(sPath)
    	File.Run(_WindowsFolder.."\\explorer.exe", "/select,\""..sPath.."\"", "", SW_SHOWNORMAL, false);
    end
    with an exact Filepath < so to a file. and it will select the file you've parsed.
    Originally posted by qwerty View Post
    Hi all...

i know you can use File.Open to have a folder of your choice opened by windows explorer.

i'd like to know if it was possible to control that a little further, because as it stands that will open a folder at the current users default size setting, even if that is maximised, and i dont want that

what i'd like to do, is open the folder in the top left of the screen, but only fairly small, so is there any way to specify the opening position and size of a folder (opened in explorer ?) and if possible control it's view settings ? (ie. classic view would be good )
    Bas Groothedde
    Imagine Programming :: Blog

AMS8 Plugins
    IMXLH Compiler

Comment

• qwerty
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2006

interesting idea, but for it to work correctly i'd need to open it minimised so that i dont get any funky annimation effects when it resizes, there might also be an easier way than looping... because when the new window opens it will have focus, so i might be able to get the handle from that... but that might fails because of start minimised,

i was actually thinking about the number of variables involved with this, connected with the OS in use and folder settings, and it might be easier, as i only need this folder open for one task and then it would be closed anyway, to use a small lightweight portable file broweser such as Xenon or something similar

thanks for the thoughts

Comment

Working...
      X