• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aae991
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Oct 2004

wmv files locking up AMS 7.5

When I import a large-sized wmv file into AMS (1024 x 768) I have the following parameters/goals:

1) Make it looping - no problem
    2) Allow page navigation with keyboard action (got that figured out with the proper script)
    3) Allow for fullscreen or not - I used the code on the page properties of setfullscreen, not the video object properties.

When I try to playback the project, it chokes and freezes when I try and use the arrow keys for navigation. Any ideas why it's doing this? Should I be adding the full screen script to the video object? Also, is there script that allows to switch back and forth between fuill screen and normal resolution?

Thanks for any help on these issues.

Stuart
  • longedge
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Aug 2003

To return from full screen to windowed mode, you'd normally use the "esc" key or click on the video. I usually put a small label against my "full screen" button to tell people how to get back to the window.

As for the lock-up, it would be best to post the code you are using and say where/how/when you are using it or perhaps post the apz of your project without the video.

Comment

• aae991
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Oct 2004

I just noticed when I remove the full screen scripting and just keep the navigation script, the preview playback still locks up for anywhere from 10-15 seconds. Even creating an .exe file shows the same problem. Is there any known issue with AMS 7.5 and larger wmv files? I'm encoding at full 1024 x 768, 29.97 frames per second, and square pixel aspect ratio...

Comment

• longedge
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Aug 2003

I'd suggest trying a lot lower res than that, 352x288 is my favourite 'all-rounder'.

Comment

• aae991
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Oct 2004

Unfortunately my client wants the largest size possible... I'm looking at work-arounds.

Comment

• longedge
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Aug 2003

Hmm.. well I don't have any experience of working with video at that resolution so I can't say.

Bear in mind that resolution isn't the most important factor when it comes to video quality. The software you are using, the codec used to render the file and the settings you use are each probably more important than the resolution.

Perhaps Eric will pick up on this thread and add to it. I'm comfortable with what I do for myself but I'm no expert .

Comment

• yosik
              Indigo Rose Customer
              • Jun 2002

One of the most important factors is the compression rate (measured in Kbps). The fact that you want a 1024X768 frame is one thing, but at what Beat Rate?
              Encoding a video with the right parameters can result in very nice visuals even at lower frame dimensions.
              There are so many parameters and it depends on so many factors (like slow video or fast actions, how was it shot [background, lights etc..], what was the original format, transitions, VBR or CBR etc..). Another point is how will that video be seen (computer, TV, projector, what type of screen, if it is projected what will the lighting conditions be in the room etc...).

Sorry for bringing up more questions than answers, but you need someone who knows that stuff and consult with him.
              Good luck
              Yossi

Comment

Working...
              X