• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sebalius
    No longer a forum member
    • Jan 2008

PDF Passwords

I have created some PDFs that I do not want circulating. Is there a way for me to password protect the PDFs as I write them and then use code to get the PDF plugin to open them in the program by giving the password. This would enable the client to view the PDFs but not be able to copy them.
    All help appreciated and thank you in advance.
    Regards
    sebalius
  • nrgyzer
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Feb 2005

There are two different ways, the first way is to use a zip-archive which is password protected or, the second way is to use the crypto-functions, especially the Crypto.BlowfishEncrypt-function to encrypt and Crypto.BlowfishDecrypt to decrypt your PDFs .

Way 1:
    Code:
    Zip.Add("C:\\Myzip.Zip", {"C:\\MyFirstPdf.pdf", "C:\\MySecondPdf.pdf"}, true, "MyPassword", 5, nil, false);
    Way 2:
    Code:
    Crypto.BlowfishEncrypt("C:\\MyPdfFile.pdf", "C:\\MyEncryptedPdfFile.pdf", "MyPdfPassword");

Comment

• sebalius
      No longer a forum member
      • Jan 2008

Thanks

thanks for your help nrgyzer, I will try the encrypt/decrypt method.
      Regards
      sebalius

Comment

• longedge
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Aug 2003

That isn't going to stop someone who is legitimately viewing a pdf from copying it. You can implement various forms of security from within Acrobat but the wizard dialogue warns you that if users open pdf's with some third party apps then the security features might be completely bi-passed.

Comment

• sebalius
          No longer a forum member
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by longedge View Post
          That isn't going to stop someone who is legitimately viewing a pdf from copying it. You can implement various forms of security from within Acrobat but the wizard dialogue warns you that if users open pdf's with some third party apps then the security features might be completely bi-passed.
          Noted and thanks for the advice
          Regards
          sebalius

Comment

Working...
          X